One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Lappes' excellent weathering on the 1/6 ZY Toys motorcycle a couple of months back I was inspired to give this a go myself with a more muddied look.

I purchased the bike from ebay and ordered in some weathering pigments from Secret Weapon Miniatures. I did apply rust to the areas that needed it but the mud/dust covered most of it up. I also used a metallic pigment to give more of a worn look around the edges of the metal (again most of it was covered by the dust).

In Australia I'm used to seeing red dust and mud and I guess I just followed what I knew so the mud colour is probably very wrong for the areas this bike operated in during the war. I didn't use any reference pictures for this because i was really just playing with the powders trying to get a feel for them, but I like the end result. The powders work well and I'm glad I have them in my kit - I can definitely see myself using them on 1/6 figures and weapons down the line.

You'll need to click on the little squashed thumbnail that opens after you click the images to see them properly. This new OSW site is screwing with the image uploads.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive fuel system

Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Looks very much like the real deal. Great job on the weathering, a deft touch, and just right.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice weathering work! :thumb

David
Looks really good, just the right amount to make it look like its been out in the field...
Love what you did just the right amount of weathering not overdone sweet job!

Cya
Hankster
The weathering looks great - as does the bike!

Nicely done!

Fred
Looks very much like the real deal. Great job on the weathering, a deft touch, and just right.
Thanks guys!
I love the old war bikes, WWI especially but you don't see many models and figures from that era - everything seems to be WWII related.
I'll need a WWII soldier to go with the bike now so who knows, I might get pulled into the era.

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Beautiful, you also got some texture into the weathering. It is nicely done and not overdone. How about the scabbard for the Thompson? Just curious, as my thoughts are it would receive some dust and mud as well.....Jim

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very, very nice. I'm very impressed. Good work.
Best regards
Frank (lappes)
Thank you Frank - after inspiring me to give this a go a few years back, I still do it every now and then - here's one from last week (not 1/6 though);

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tractor Tread

Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Tractor pulling

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts