One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm not a motorcycle expert by any means. This looks well built. I found a photo of a very similar bike on line taken from a museum and comparing the various details, this one looks OK, not spot on, but OK. But the one thing that really jumps out at me is that rear seat. It just looks wrong for a Harley from that period. I know German bikes had a folding rear sear with a grab ring like that, but I don't remember ever seeing that on a US bike. I did some google searching, looking for WW2 Harley and 1942 Harley. Not a single one has a passenger seat. So why does this one have it? Is it based on some bike from a movie or something?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not a motorcycle expert by any means. This looks well built. I found a photo of a very similar bike on line taken from a museum and comparing the various details, this one looks OK, not spot on, but OK. But the one thing that really jumps out at me is that rear seat. It just looks wrong for a Harley from that period. I know German bikes had a folding rear sear with a grab ring like that, but I don't remember ever seeing that on a US bike. I did some google searching, looking for WW2 Harley and 1942 Harley. Not a single one has a passenger seat. So why does this one have it? Is it based on some bike from a movie or something?
I'm no expert too but you can easily detach the rear seat if you don't want it. =)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Thanks for the photos Lukazou, I think there's another U.S motorcycle being released as well isn't there ?, is this the more realistic of the two ?......one more question, what is this version made of....plastic or metal ?, thanks.

Chelseaboy

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the photos Lukazou, I think there's another U.S motorcycle being released as well isn't there ?, is this the more realistic of the two ?......one more question, what is this version made of....plastic or metal ?, thanks.

Chelseaboy
Sorry I don't know another motoc but this one is made by plastic.:thanks

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I think the bike is ok, size-wise.....it may look small when Captain America sits on it, but let's face it, that is Captain America, not a normal size G.I from WWII........:lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.