One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've just completed what may be my favourite figure. The character Hooky from Zulu, as played by James Booth. I asked Peter The Painter if he would do the head sculpt for me, and as you can see he has done a fantastic job once again.

The uniform and rifle are DiD (the jacket has had the buttons removed and sewn onto the other side to appear open).

I distressed the jacket, cut a hole in the sleeve, ran a bit of flame over the holes, and weathered it with acrylics.

I hope you like it as much as I do :)

Thanks to Peter again for such great work :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That is just fine, I'm a fan of Booth's work, and his Hooky is one of the memorable characters of ZULU. Compliments to you and Peter.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Beautiful work, man.

·
Using 1/6th of my brain!
410 Posts
Fantastic work to both of you guys. The sculpt is perfect and the figure with the uniform modifications and such all look wonderful. What a great tribute to an epic film and a great character actor!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Got him--attitude and everything..nice job..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks folks! :) Glad you guys like him. Of all my figures, this has to be my absolute favourite, with Quint in second place. And again the sculpt on that was Peter's work. I can't say it enough, his sculpting is fantastic, and worth every penny :)

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Well done - he looks superb! :thumb

What would be very interesting is if DAM did what they did with BHD and TOTS and did a full range of 'Zulu' figures with Bromhead, Chard, Hook, Bourne etc... what a fine range of figures that would be. Never happen though.

·
Registered
950 Posts
What a great figure. I have to say that is one of Peter's best sculpts, he really looks great. You've done a great job putting the whole figure together.

Tim

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! :) Oppl - the whole crew would be fantastic, I can just see that! Hopefully, in the not too distant future there might be another Zulu figure. Not decided on which character to go for though, but I think the officers are out, sadly, as the uniforms would need to be significantly altered as the piping on the cuffs etc is different. Maybe one of these two:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
"Fear God,
Honor the Queen,
Shoot Straight,
Keep Clean."
Not doing too well by those standards, Hooky, but your namesake is top shelf all the way. You absolutely nailed him! What a great tribute! Kudos to Peter, as always!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts