One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My ZCWO Gloria figure just arrived today and I haven't seen any reviews of it thus far so, I thought I'd post my own (which I hope is fine to do).

Apologies in advance for the messy photos and poor quality shots - I was in the middle of cleaning my workspace up when she arrived.

I've included TL;DR in bold following the comments regarding the photos.

Box Front & Back - Box partially damaged during transit.

The box is quite large, but the front of the box had a bit of damage mid-transit. Luckily everything inside was fine as there was another layer of foam covering everything set into the box.

Contents - Some items stiff due to packing, hair not secured properly.

The bunny ears are a little bit bent from how they were packed into the box, the material is a bit stiff and may need to be heated up a tad in order to style them without breaking them.

The hair wasn't fully secured and will likely need to be tidied up before anything else is done.

Details - Tie feels a little cheap, rest of the clothing feels sturdy. Fishnets are over pantyhose, fishnets may also have runs where attached to the camisole. Collar is sewn in. Headsculpt paint is flat, hair is wigged and looks possible to split from the head easily to rewig.

The tailcoat has a small metal ring that needs the chainlink connected to it slipped through the small hole to get it off the figure, it may feel as though you've broken the chain but it has actually disconnected.

The tie is seemingly made of a ribbon and feels a bit cheap. It has elastic around the neck. The shirt collar is sewn in, I was unable to remove the headsculpt to detach it and had to cut the three stitches holding the collar together - I won't be needing this as I intend to kitbash this figure.

The shoulder straps for the main part of the outfit are just plain strings and feel like they could be broken quite easily if they were to get stuck within the shoulder joint or if removed from the figure - one of the straps on mine was stuck and it took a bit of fiddling to get it off the body.

At the very least, the back of the outfit has a zipper which feels sturdy enough.

Underneath the fishnets is a skintone pantyhose sewn into the outfit together as to hide the joints of the figure. The fishnets may have a couple of runs where they were sewn to the main outfit, mine did but the pantyhose below was perfectly fine - none of these issues could be seen as they were obscured by the tailcoat.

The feet included have slightly slanted pegs (the pegs are part of the feet, not separate) to work in the high heels included with the figure but worked perfectly fine in some spare boots I had laying around when I checked.

The hands are of a more rubber type material and appear to be the same colour as previous ZCWO figures when compared to a set of hands I had purchased loose previously.

The rest of the clothing for the figure appear to be quite sturdy, if a bit plain and boring.

The headsculpt's paint is flat and not particularly glossy or detailed. This is irrelevant to me as I will be repainting part of the eyes for the kitbash this figure is intended for.

The hair is wigged into a cap which appears to be possible to separate from the figure's head - somewhat similar to some of the Barbie lines that I had in the 90s that had interchangeable hair - likely the head would need to be heated up in order to pop this off and rewig it if required.

Comparison to Hot Toys Resident Evil "Alice" body - more tan, larger bust, smaller waist and backside. Legs are a little more shapely.

The Gloria figure has extended ankle pieces, these have a square joint to connect to the legs and sadly cannot be used for a shorter figure without modification or a shorter ankle adaptor. These can come off quite easily if you are trying to yank the feet off the body.

The Gloria figure also has a larger breast size, smaller waist size and the backside is smaller in contrast to how much "overhang" is on the Hot Toys Alice one. The legs have a bit more shape but there's a longer crotch area on the Gloria one.

The colour of the headsculpt matches better with the Hot Toys body from the looks of the ZCWO but, again I still wasn't able to get the head disconnected to see what sort of neck adaptor it uses.

The skintone is quite shiny and a bit more tan in contrast to the pale pink-ish white tones of the Hot Toys Alice figure. For whatever reason, I am reminded of the Dragon Biohazard CODE: Veronica tan figures - which is likely a plus given the character I am intending to turn Gloria into.

In terms of movement, the ZCWO Gloria one moves quite smoothly but very easily in contrast to the Hot Toys Alice one feeling sturdy but a tad stiff.

Complaints - Slightly loose joints

The hip to leg joints can get slightly stuck depending on the pose and may require an adjustment to get them back down without the fear of disconnecting one of the legs accidentally. The left leg moves easier than the right, it feels slightly loose but nothing that I feel concerned about.

I did however manage to get a pair of Pure Neemo bike shorts onto the Gloria figure with a bit of patience, I wasn't able to get these onto the Hot Toys Alice body before. Only issue here was that the clothing got stuck and somewhat wrapped around the leg joint and had to be cut off - mainly due to my own stupidity for trying such a small piece on the figure.

The torso can spin around completely and to me it seems that this would be the main cause of issues when attempting to dress the figure and having it spin around fully at the slightest touch. There is a slight gap between the piece for the breasts and the mid-torso piece but not severe enough to stick anything into or expect clothing to get stuck.

Overall Opinion
A decent figure in my opinion but the outfit is somewhat redundant to me - I really only purchased it due to the shape of the headsculpt and the particular colour of the wigged hair matching a kitbash (my very first one, to be honest) more-so than any of the other sculpts floating around so far.

Unless you like ZCWO figures, need a female figure without a somewhat "angry" expression on her face or would like a bunny outfit - I wouldn't pay more than the initial pre-order price for it for multiple reasons: there are both seamless bodies, more with double-joints, better paint work on the headsculpts and a large amount of the other bodies available for around the same price group or less include a larger variety of hands, feet and some spare pegs - the only extras with this particular figure were a set of plain hands. The outfit's usage to me, personally is rather limited.

However, that's just my opinion and I am still very much a newbie but the figure is far too reminiscent of Barbie type ones for my liking and is going to require a bit of time and effort to make her work with the other 1/6 scale ones I'm putting together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely get both versions (Phoebe and Gloria) based on your review. It is gratifying when members take the time and effort to inform other 1/6ers of their impressions of their purchases.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely get both versions (Phoebe and Gloria) based on your review. It is gratifying when members take the time and effort to inform other 1/6ers of their impressions of their purchases.
The only thing I can warn you of is that getting the clothing off may cause some scuffs or scratches to the body. That said, the sleeves were hiding some marks on the left shoulder that I've only just noticed whilst I've been repainting the eyes to work for what I bought her for.

Given the locations of the marks around the neck (not caused by my unpicking the stitching on the collar or attempting to remove the headsculpt), I believe that parts of the bodies may have been slightly sanded to make the clothing sit without moving.

It can probably be fixed by buffering it out in a way with a dremel.

You can see some of the marks slightly on the side-view comparison shots, but it's more noticeable on the left-hand side of the figure.

I can take some more photos if you would like me to.

I have been unable to remove the headsculpt with and without a hairdryer, I heard a nasty creaking sound after I posted my review - I can see what looks like a normal ball neck adaptor inside the neck itself but neither it or the head will come off and I don't feel particularly inclined to risk it after spending about $70 USD on her.

If you're going to kitbash either of them, the hair gets tangled in the shoulder and arm joints very, very easily. If you're going to use t-shirts or anything, I'd recommend putting the hair into a plait with a small dental rubber band as to avoid it before you style their hair.

The hair should style quite easily (no "chicken hair" sticking up fringe or weird cowlicks going on due to it being cut) as there's no particular parting in it's wigging. It feels a bit more fine in contrast to a Barbie toy, though it's been quite a long time since I've had one - in all honesty, it actually feels and looks quite realistic in my opinion as most dolls and/or figures tend to have coarse or overly plastic-y feeling hair.

I would say to treat and dress along the lines of a Barbie unless of course you can get the headsculpt off without cracking the post in there. That said, I haven't caused any knots in the hair - which is what I would've expected after personal experience with Barbies with my constant fiddling during the minor repaint work on the headsculpt.

Despite the increased breast size in contrast to HT Alice, for a rough clothing fit-size the t-shirt that came with the Alice figure will fit over the head/hair and cover the torso well but the sleeves will look quite shorter as the upper arm/shoulder region is a bit chunkier than Alice.

So clothing that fits:

Hot Toys - Alice gear. Sleeves will be visually shorter as figure's upper arm is chunkier.
Flirty Girl - Denim clothing set. Pantlegs are slightly baggy.
Flirty Girl - Emerson set. No fitting complaints so far.
Pure Neemo - Multiple types of shoes. Bike shorts and some other clothing for layers will not fit properly.

I haven't got any Phicen, Triad stuff to try and my ZY Toys clothing sets have yet to come in to try on her as well.

Still a newbie and I don't know any other 1/6 female clothing manufacturers to check to see if they fit given the possible body revision (just going from what I see with Gloria against photos of the older ZCWO figures) as I saw that it's been a while since ZCWO have done any female figures.

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Nice work on the Review mate,very detailed.I hope you do more,I'd love to get my hands on the Bodice and Fishnets.My Daughter wants me to make her a Custom Black Canary and those parts would be a perfect start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work on the Review mate,very detailed.I hope you do more,I'd love to get my hands on the Bodice and Fishnets.My Daughter wants me to make her a Custom Black Canary and those parts would be a perfect start.
Thank you, I hope I didn't ramble on too much...

The bodice and the fishnets are sewn together, which are in turn sewn to the pantyhose underneath and the bunny tail is held in place by two stitches and can be easily removed. For whatever reason the first thing that came to mind when I saw that it was all sewn together like that was, honestly put was Buffalo Bill's human-suit.

I'm not going to be needing the clothing from the Gloria figure - she's actually being turned into Claire Redfield as we've not gotten a figure of her since the Dragon CODE: Veronica ones. And I've really wanted a Claire figure for ages - I suppose bang on trend given the announcement of Revelations 2 featuring her!

Anyway.

I don't know what the trade and/or marketplace rules are here.

I've not ventured into that part of the forum as of yet, but mate if would like the clothing piece from the figure then I'd be glad to not let it go to waste by just sitting in my spare parts tub as aside from not seeing any reviews, I haven't seen any broken up sets of either Bunny Girl figures online too.

·
SPQR
837 Posts
I just noticed your in Oz too,how convenient.I'll send you a PM.

And no,you definitely didn't ramble at all.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That is one fantastic review of what apparently is a pretty mediocre/bad figure (you should have gone all Nostalgia Critic on it :D ), and I kind of hope this can be the standard for any future reviews. I'll try to keep this in mind if I'm gonna do reviews myself actually.

Hello, I'm the Action Figure Critic. I buy so you don't have to!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
Thank you for the review.

You did a good job and it's appreciated.

I guess ZCWO really don't have much to offer going forward because the demands and expectations of 1:6 female figures have evolved, but ZCWO output in terms of 1:6 female figures have not.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is an older figure now (by today's standard) meaning it was released months ago, there was talk about it but that talk was how everything was the same as the previous release except the heads, and the heads were a step down from the "red" & "black" bunny...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ZCWO...ei=xf0NVLZfxffJBOe5gbAF&ved=0CBwQsAQ#imgdii=_
The only discussions I saw were on here and on Sideshow when they were announced in mid-June that they looked visually the same, though I saw them listed on Japanese stores and some Taobao stores around the 10th of June but each listing specifically said that the release date would be roughly the end of August, early September.

There were no photos outside of the stock ones, no product reviews or broken up/loose pieces from this figure online.

Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to put up the review if I hadn't literally just gotten the item after pre-ordering it and having been notified a couple of days prior that it was being sent via EMS to me.

I suppose the headsculpt is to personal preference - the paint was nicer on the previous ZCWO bunny figures but I was looking for a specific sculpt shape and the factor that it had the correct hair colour wigged that I was looking for was the decisive factor in it for me. Had it been released months ago, I would've simply gotten the headsculpt and would've posted my likely already completed first kitbash onto here.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Thanks for the review!

It's interesting to note that ZC is using a CG 2.x style body for these figures rather than their own "Eve" body. The first bunnies were with the Eve body. BTW, you can swap out the ZC ankles for Triad Alpha ankles, which are much better. You can also use Alpha feet (with or without the ankles) on your ZC.

I agree with you about head sculpts- it's completely a matter of personal preference, regardless of those who state their preferences as fact. I can see potential in this sculpt, and I hope you post photos of the bash you're going to make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are these figures worth to buy it or not just create you own bunny girl figure using now available bunny kids that is for sale.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
Once you have one you'll be shocked how quickly they multiply.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts