One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,
First I want to thank the folks at Cal-Tek and ZC for sending us a preview copy of Kelly to do this review. I honestly haven't done a lot of reviews but I hope this one is helpful. I'm going to use a 1 to 10 scale to show what I think of issues and items from the Eve body and Kelly's Head sculpt and gear.

1, Before I even opened the box I wanted to see if ZC has taken time to make it pleasing to the eye and sturdy enough that nothing would get broken. The box has nice art and pictures of Kelly. The build is the in the norm of the industry card board and formed plastic for protection. I gave it a +8

2, Kelly's Head sculpt is as many people have already noticed. It's just a little small. Also something I noticed is her face looks like a decal and not painted. Still a little better than the faces on Cat or Rose imho.
Here she is with our Mystik and a Bloody Rose as comparison. +5

3, There were some issues with the hands on one of the ZC Roses we got. First the wrist pins on Rose were two different colors and second one was glued in and broke when I went to pull her hands off. I did not have these problems with Kelly at all. Nothing broke taking her hands off and the wrist pins match her skin tone.+8

4, Kelly's bootfeet are interchangeable with other female bootfeet. I tried Kelly's bootfeet on one of our PB bodies and a 2.0 body and they fit fine. I also tried a pair of our bootfeet on Kelly and had no problems. Also I had none of the breakage problems that some of the ZC girls have had in the past.I even got Kelly's bootfeet stuck on a pair of 2.0 ankle sockets and had to use a pair of pliers to get the sockets out of the boots. I was happy to see nothing broke. +10

5, Vinyl body stains, When I took Kelly's short off she had some small stains on her hips. Nothing an magic eraser wouldn't take off though. I've seen the same problem on all the DID Willi Baver's we got in. Still I feel it's not a good thing for a brand new figure. +1

6, Removable Arms, I really like this idea. For those like me with huge fingers, lacing and unlacing those little eyelets are a problem. I have a trick to get past this but with the Eve body I didn't have to mess with it. I just loosened her lacing's a little and pulled her arms out. The top came off very easy. +9

7, Head removal, I found that taking Kelly's head off to change the torso out was very easy. But still didn't have a problem with her head falling off. +9
Here is a pic of Kelly's head on a Cool Girl body.

8, Soft Torso, another upgrade I liked. The soft torso idea is very nice to work with. Kelly's breasts have been "highlighted" but I can see where people are going to be blushing these torso's. I gave it a +9

9, Inner Torso, This is a piece that customizers will be happy to play with. Having the inner torso piece that screws together it would be very easy to double joint the neck giving the Eve body more flexibility. +9

10, Breast size, This is where I think ZC could have done a little work. Both breast pieces have the same cup size. I would have liked to see different size cups. The three part torso come wrapped in a stretch fabric tube top. I do like the choice between a two part torso and a three part torso. I gave the torso a +6

11, Clothing Compatibility, Kelly has no problems fitting into Cy/Cool girl outfits and our own outfit designs. This is a nice thing to know. Not only can Kelly wear most custom gear but other mass produced outfits as well. Sorry the only non Cy girl mass produced clothing I own is a biker jacket. I didn't figure that would give a good idea of how she fits in Triad outfits. Here she is in one of our mini dresses.+9

12, Moving on to Kelly's outfit. The only thing I found wrong with her outfit was some unfinished seems. But that is the mass produced market norm I guess. Her outfit fits well, none of her eyelets popped out. The fabric is the same thin pleather Triad uses. +7

13, Kelly's hat. I a lot of folks I'm not a fan of the hat. I did get it crimped in the front so it looked more like a bikers chick's hat. +6
14, Holster, I am glad they added the double holster. It's kind basic but still a nice piece. +8

15, Shotgun ammo belt, The belt has a nice looking fake buckle on the front and a basic normal plastic clip together buckle in the back. The shotgun shells are loose and fit nice. I don't see them falling out very easy. +9

16, Ammo arm band. This piece is kinda "Hollywood" but still kewl. Well made and again shells are removable. +9

17, Extra ankle sockets, Here is an added extra that a lot of Cy girl collectors are gonna love. Even though Kelly's ankle sockets don't come out like the Cool girl sockets do, ZC added these extra sockets. I can see getting high trade value for these. +10

18, The Pelican box, Here's a nice piece for Cy girl and male action figure collectors. The box is a nice sculpt. It has three handles and four catches on the side. I couldn't get the catches to lock tight but even when I put the shotgun inside the box didn't come open. I would add small magnets inside the catches just in case. +8

19, Pistols, Here again not a bad sculpt. Though the sides don't work the flashlight does come off and the magazines are removable. +8

20, Knives, Both knives and well made with sheaths. One for the ammo belt and one for either a forearm or ankle.

21, Flexibility, I put the Eve body through some positions and she stayed up with the Cool girl body in the pictures. +9

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

22, Last but not least, Sexy in Lingerie. You tell me +10

I like the fact that tight fitting dresses and thongs won't get caught on the hip joints of the soft two part torso.
I have done an updated version of this review on our home site,

http://www.warlordskeep.net/id57.html

I've added some more pictures of the two and three part torso, the stain on the three part torso and the ankle posts.

Well That's my review of ZC Kelly and the new Eve body.
Thank you for looking,

Paul

·
neurotic neurone
16,026 Posts
Thanks for the great review, Paul. Looking forward to pick up the boxset from local joint.

Quick question though, the pix in #10 where the extra breast piece with a black tube top wraps around it, is there any stain that bleeds from the fabric to the vinyl? Sorry....not really comfortable sometimes with a darker colour fabric wrapping vinyl surface for too long. Thanks boss. :D

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents,
Sorry about the Typo's My editor wasn't here to correct me.
Leo I didn't find any stains on the three part torso. Only on the hips from the shorts. I will be posting this review on our site some time this weekend with more pictures. I'll add a picture of the stains. But like I said, they are small and should come off easy.
Paul

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
Thanks for the nice review.

Have a couple of questions though, is this the final production "Kelly" figure or will your input affect any changes?

Will the eyes be painted or will the production figure use decals?

If so, I'm really disappointed to find out that they are using decals for the eyes. I could do that myself and use which ever eyes I want from the various doll makers out there. Most likely I'll be swapping the heads out which kinda makes the headsculpt wasted money to me.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the nice review.

Have a couple of questions though, is this the final production "Kelly" figure or will your input affect any changes?

Will the eyes be painted or will the production figure use decals?

If so, I'm really disappointed to find out that they are using decals for the eyes. I could do that myself and use which ever eyes I want from the various doll makers out there. Most likely I'll be swapping the heads out which kinda makes the headsculpt wasted money to me.
As far as I know the Kelly Cal-Tek sent me is a production run figure. So I'm guessing she will have decal eyes. But most companies use a stencil or small decal for face ups as far as I know. ZC just went a little over board on this one.
No mass produced figure is prefect. The eye decal can be fixed very easily by a good face-up customizer or replacing then yourself with another decal. Also you could always just replace the head. Here's a pic of a custom painted Destiny head on the Eve body,

Not a prefect skin tone match, but looks pretty good imho.
Kelly and the Eve body are a great upgrade from ZC's earlier releases. I'm personally hoping they release the Eve body as a carded item in skin tones to match Cy / Cool girl and Obitsu head sculpts.
I like Kelly and the Eve body. Laura and I are waiting to find out if I get to keep this one so we can start customizing her. If not when our order comes I'm sure you'll see all kinds of changes to Kelly and outfits custom fitted to the Eve body.
All I can say is the more feedback we can give Cal-Tek and ZC, the more upgrades we'll see from them. We've got the ankle socket and wrist pin problem fixed, now let's work on Head sculpts and accessories.
On that note I have to give John, Ken and the crew at CAL-Tek a big thumbs up. They do read the boards and listen to what we as collectors have to say. The customer service at C/T is top notch. If we have a problem with something they are always willing to work with us and try to find solution.

Paul

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.