One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,,,,new guy here,,,luv the sight,,,,but to my dilema,,

Has anyone seen a ref pic of a fully kitted Z Special Force( WW2 Australian Commmando ) operator?? I have but one ref and that was the movie Z Force, starring Mel Gibson. I really want to bash a Z man,,,but have not found a ref pic,,,can anyone help??

Cheers

Starlight737( Does anyone know what that stands for?? )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnx for the welcome guys.The bash is awsome,,, but I still have a problem,,, no actual ref pic,,I mean jeez,,, there has to be pics out there somewhere!! I have seen pics of just about every WW2 SF unit,, but not these guys,only the movie.The chest mag pouch looks Chinese, not a mod from the para Sten pouch.Was this actually a part of their kit? the suppressor on the M3 in the movie looks too bulky,,, in comparison to the pics that i have seen in SOG books and web pages, looks more long and lean,, like the Sten suppressor.

So ,,, what is what?? Do pics of Z Special Force actually exist?

Man,, but your bashin is good,, I have a early SF Advisor I bashed up last fall,got the pics somewhere will put them up sometime.

Cheers Starlight 737

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The Chest rig on Sam neill is an Australian Owen mag pouch which like the sten pouch had straps to be worn in a variety of configurations. Good luck finding real pics of Z force commandos. There gear tended to be issue but like most AIF forces they modified the gear. A typical mod is the addition of two 37 basic pouches to the sides of the field pack. Try a search for the Australian War Memorial Photo collection which may have some pictures but I doubt it.
The Movie is crap (coincidently I had just bought a copy and watched it last week). The M3 silenced was not used but the Sten Mk II(S) was alongside Owen and Thompson M1928 SMG, SMLE III & III*, P14 Snipers, SMLE III (T), Bren Mk 1 & 2 etc. Where pistols were carried they tended to be 45 Colts or 45 S&W revolvers. Grenades were the Brit Mills Bomb and not the US pineapple type. Webbing was dyed Green and headress was usually the Slouch hat r the cloth GS beret that comes with bbis Paddy Ryan. Sykes Fairburn daggers were issued to Z force personnel. Try to get a copy of the OSPREY Australian Army in WW2 for the colour plates , one or more is an Army commando who were equipped similarly.
Uniforms in 1/6 are either the bbi Harry or Paddy uniforms and US gaiters were popular although in coastal areas not bloused.
Cheers
Spanner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.