One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Guardian of Hades
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taking a "Pro-Active" part in hunting down and destroying the infected and undead presents some serious risks to the Zombie Hunter's well-being.
But the danger doesn't stop between hunts and care must be taken not to draw any unwanted attention to where you will be resting and be vunerable.

Unfortunately, this mistake was made by the senior military leaders in the early days when the public's main power grids went off-line and only the Military Bases had lights and power.
Whole army groups were ground down and wiped out when zombies drawn to their bright flood-lighted bases, over-run them while the soldiers were in the field, leaving them without a place to re-group and re-supply.
Back then this was a lesson Cerberus had learned first hand when he barely escaped with his life after returning to base from a mission to re-fuel and re-arm, only to find that it had already been lost to a zombie horde.

After it was realised the military alone no longer had the manpower to take back the planet, the remaining millitary personnel were instructed to recruit anyone left alive and train them into a organised resistance miltia.
Cerberus was a Captain in the SASR before leaving the regiment on a 'Special Assignment' and earning his Army Helicopter Pilot wings.
But as a one of the few trained SF Operators left alive his mission too was altered to recruit and mount a guerrilla warfare type campaign to hunt, rather than fight their hordes head on.

By this stage (Z-Day +87) his job wasn't going to be easy and the pool of suitable hunters had been dwindled as most of the adult males had already been killed defending their women and children from the undead and infected.
However that wasn't going to stop him and he trained the adult women survivors he found to be his hunters.

Cerberus: Z-Day +113 "Today our group secured a safe place hold up and rest. It's a old secluded Post-WWII concrete fallout shelter that was being re-activated by the ADF just prior to the global viral outbreak."
"Now it will serve as a secure base and be our new home for the time being...

Let's hope they don't find it."

Z-Day +512, A group of Hunters (The 'Black Widows') return to base from a unsuccessful hunt but are complacent about checking the area for zombies first and they head straight in.
Little did they know there was a lone zombie who spotted them as they approached the shelter and it was now pursuing them.

Cerberus and his own team who were also returning, did check the area first and intercepted and neutralised that zombie before it could attack the other team or worse gain entry into the shelter.
But still it was only the sheer luck of his own team's timely arrival that prevented their home from possibly being invaded and lives being lost and those hunters needed to be reminded to "Stay sharp and Alert at all times".

Now, we can let the 'Hunt' continue...

· Whatever Works, Dude
2,266 Posts
Always nice to see the bunker diorama again, and it fits nicely with the theme. I was hoping it was going to be a "can I keep him, dad?" kind of story, but those don't ever work out well with zombies, do they? Well, at least outside of Shaun of the Dead, I guess. :).

Who's the headsculpt you used for the figure on the far-right (pilot's helmet and the suppressed Sterling SMG)? I swear I recognize her but I can't put my finger on who it is in the new outfit.

· Guardian of Hades
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great story man! And Cerberus? He's a lucky dude to be surrounded with those bevy of beauties. Lol
Thanks.
I suppose he is lucky in a sense but I still wouldn't fancy living in "his" world.

Thank you.

The apocalypse has come... and he is the only male around
Well "Cerberus" is the first male action figure I've ever kitbashed and the second male figure that I own, but that's only if a T2 'Arnie' is considered to be a man and not a machine.
(So being the first dude I created, I gave him my username.)

Before him I only collected and kitbashed femme figures but I've been bitten now and infected with the "Macho Virus" and a male SF reinforcement (Sam/Pereus) will hopefully join him and the girls soon.

Always nice to see the bunker diorama again, and it fits nicely with the theme. I was hoping it was going to be a "can I keep him, dad?" kind of story, but those don't ever work out well with zombies, do they? Well, at least outside of Shaun of the Dead, I guess. :).

Who's the headsculpt you used for the figure on the far-right (pilot's helmet and the suppressed Sterling SMG)? I swear I recognize her but I can't put my finger on who it is in the new outfit.
Yeah this Group Build was just made for my evolving diorama.
It started life as just a bunker but as I started getting into the darker genre films like Resident Evil, the diorama's theme shifted as well.

The HS you want to know about is supposed to be Kate B/Selene (Underworld) or so they imply.

Custom Hot 1/6 Repaint female Figure Head Sculpt-CY CG Cool Girl underworld | eBay

I still have get around sometime to re-touching her eyes to make them look more real myself.
(But it is still a pretty headsculpt.)

Great stuff man. Nice to see the bunker again.

Will you bring out the Landover for the hunt?
Thanks.
(BTW, did you notice any changes in the bunker since the last time you saw it?)

You better believe the Landie will be a part of the hunt and it will be joined by it's air support.

· Registered
41 Posts
Enjoyed the story and pictures, looking forward to more. As far as him being the only male...well, then on behalf of the ladies in the bunker and myself, thanks for picking Josh Duhamel's headsculpt.

Alison

· Guardian of Hades
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW~Awesome!
Thanks.

NICE! Likin' the backstory and look forward to more! Your bunker is perfect for this storyline!
Thanks mate and there will be more to come.

Enjoyed the story and pictures, looking forward to more. As far as him being the only male...well, then on behalf of the ladies in the bunker and myself, thanks for picking Josh Duhamel's headsculpt.

Alison
:lol Oh is that who it is?
I just liked the friendly face but thanks anyway.

Thats so kick butt, great story. I love your shelter, my guys need a safe place to re-fit so them may stop by.
Thank you and your guys can stop by if the want.
But warn them for their own health not to get too frisky with the ladies because they are well armed females. - lol.

· Go ahead- make my day!
950 Posts
Well done, sir! :clap
Zombies heve been on my radar as well, but haven't commence to do anything about it other than begin planning figures.
As for being the only male amongst a bevy of beauties, just remember....a jealous woman can make any zombie look like a tame housecat.:wideyes

· Guardian of Hades
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha ditto! BTW i love your base
Thanks.

Well done, sir! :clap
Zombies heve been on my radar as well, but haven't commence to do anything about it other than begin planning figures.
As for being the only male amongst a bevy of beauties, just remember....a jealous woman can make any zombie look like a tame housecat.:wideyes
Thank you.
Yep, hell hath no fury like a woman...

I Love it, I wouldn't mind being the only dude left with all those chicks hahaha Awesome job dude!
Yeah but what guys would you have around to brag about it to? :lol

Cool name... the "Black Widows". :)
It's a fitting name that goes along with my storyline since they are dressed all in black and were supposed to have lost their partners in zombie attacks and who now seek some vengance.

THose helicopter helmets look familiar...... the figures look great, nice job!
Hmmm... I wonder why they look so familar Nick? - LOL.

:wink I bet you had no idea a couple of 'chicks' would end up wearing them when you posted them off did you?

Nice work.

Like your underground bunker. :thumb
Thanks mate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.