One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks -

As many of your probably know, my name is Jess C. Horsley and I'm managing editor of Figures.com and the Figures.com network which includes OSW.com. I am not a staff member here nor do I speak as one, but I do work with the staff here behind the scenes to help ensure all things run smoothly here at OSW.com -

To further promote OSW.com to the masses, we're creating a full-page magazine advertising for Terry's first issue of SIXTHSCALE Magazine highlighting OSW.com and the variety of bashes, figures, and artistic works shown here on the site. As such, we're planning to make a collage of sorts featuring as many bashes and customs as possible in the ad and we'd like YOU to submit your work!

Please send an email to [email protected] with hi-res images of one of your bashes your real name, your OSW.com forums name, and what the bash is titled or of so we can give proper credit where credit is due.

The goal of the advertising is to direct collectors, customizers and any 1:6 fans here to OSW.com to check out the amazing works as well as talk with other fans and collectors.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me; we hope to receive as many submissions as possible. While we probably won't be able to include all of the submissions we hope to receive, we hope to include as many as possible...

Send in your hi-res (300 dpi) photos ASAP - we'll be working on the ad come Monday (march 24) morning!!

Thanks again!

Crowinghorse
aka Jess C. Horsley
Figures.com

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Jess, let's just keep BUMPING it for a week. I think STICKIES are less seen than here in GD. After a week of BUMPING we'll sticky it.

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
I think the best way to go is to take bash of the month, plus bash of the year (though as far as I remember it's also one of the bash of month figures). There are a few more figures that didn't grab the title, but really deserved it (your figures for example, not sure if they grabbed any titles, but some of them were great even from my "military" collector point of view). All of them are of exceptional quality.

Not to say other were bad (and hey, my bashes are also here) - but when selecting something for printed publication with limited space, only the best deserves to go...

Alexei

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
I think the best way to go is to take bash of the month, plus bash of the year (though as far as I remember it's also one of the bash of month figures). There are a few more figures that didn't grab the title, but really deserved it (your figures for example, not sure if they grabbed any titles, but some of them were great even from my "military" collector point of view). All of them are of exceptional quality.

Not to say other were bad (and hey, my bashes are also here) - but when selecting something for printed publication with limited space, only the best deserves to go...

Alexei
A lot of members work goes UNSEEN .....let alone not even nominated. Also, many times work is judged on by who made it and not the figure itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well said, Butch. So much of the hobby centers on the popularity contest aspect; whether of the collector theirself or the subject matter.

At any rate, I tried a fig for one of those sci-fi group project things here and pretty much got blown off. Fool me once....:knock

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I agree with the "submit your own figure" approach. If any of the figure of the month or year bashers want to be in there, they can go ahead and submit their figures as Jesse described. I don't think we should automatically disclude some of the other brilliant bashes that didn't get a nom for figure of the month, or were simply posted in the gallery without a new thread being created to showcase them.

Cool idea Jess. Hope this goes well.

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The goal is to show OSW.com accepts ALL types of bashes and customizers too - no matter your skill level. After all, OSW is as much (if not more!) about learning from others than it is showing off your mad skills ;) :D

Thanks all for the support - we hope to have the ad done next week and we'll of course post it here to show it off when we can...

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the bump 1delta10tango - tomorrow morning I'll go through my email and we'll begin working on the ad - i've received I think four or five individual's emails, so we'll be off to a good start, but the more we have, the more variety the ad will have...

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump - lots of contributions via email, but please remember - WE NEED HI-RES IMAGES - regularly sized image from the internet do not print well at 300 dpi in a print magazine!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts