One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

To be honest, i have been receiving quite a handful of pms with regards asking me to repaint eyes for their HSs and for money.. to this i feel very flattered. However, i'm not an expert at this as there are others who are really far better than i am.

I'm too afraid that i might ruin the HSs in the process. So to this i would rather show how i do the re-paint in this thread.

Here goes.....

Original HS

Laying the whites

Use a pencil to outline the irises

Checking alignment

No prizes for guessing my next bash:rolling

Filling the irises with black.

Fill it with your fav colour.( don't ask me how many parts of water to acrylic. I just experiment and paint)

Attempt at shading...not too good.:erm

Adding the pupil...again not perfectly round:erm

Adding the white spot.

Shading. Nothing related to the repainting of eyes but i do it to give the HS texture.

Done.

Now for a field test.

Comments and critiques welcome. I need very much to improve. By the way anything to improve on steady hands?:D

·
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A wonderful tute, Kenny. The outcome is outstanding really.
Ruin the HS? Psh, don't sell yourself short. Your work is fantastic :)

I like the texture shading step you added as well. Did you leave the paint to semi dry before wiping it away? It adds a lot to the HS for me. I'll have to start doing it to mine now.

Hmm.. steady hands? You can try holding the HS against the table in one hand [or pushed into some clay] and rest your hand on the table as close to the hs as possible. It should give you some added measure of control. Your results are great though, you hardly notice any futzy edges at all.
Thanks Saiko,

Will try out your 'steady hands' tip.:)

·
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kenneth, you did a very good job enhancing the HS. Appreciate your effort to contribute to the community. I'm interested in your technique of the face shading. Can you elaborate some more?
Hi Ray, thanks for the reply.

This reply also goes to Punisher2-2

Well as for the shading, I choose Sculpts with more lines on the face. The later DML Sculputs were good but too fair in skin colour (purely my opinion). Anyway i use chalk for shading.

Grind down to powder mix with water and apply. When it is semi dry wipe down. It will leave a faint colour on the HS. If you want it to be more obvious then do the same step a few more times. Last seal with matt finish. It's that simple:D

·
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice work,

I'm switching to paint more now too. I used to use art pens but I kept having disasters when the ink ran when glossing the eyes. Paint works much better now I've got a thin enough brush. I use a 10/0, what did you use?

CHEERS!
Hi Roger,
Thanks for the reply

10/0 is one of the brush i use. I use a 000 too.

·
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is one of the COOLEST custom tips I have ever seen!!

Simple but VERY EFFECTIVE! ~just my kinda style. Your my new hero!

Thanks a ton for BOTH the tut and the tips. AWESOME!!

:thumb:thumb
You make me blush... Thanks a zillion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.