·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice review, as usual.

Regarding the head sculpt, I can understand why you think the David Duchovny likeness seems to depend on viewing angle - your first portrait shot of Mulder seems to have an Alec Baldwin vibe to it. After taking a quick look at photos of David Duchovny, I think the problem with the Mulder head sculpt is that the eyes are too close together. It could just be the lighting in your shots, but I wonder if the eyes are perhaps a bit too 'sunken' into the head. The too-dark eyebrows might be unintentionally drawing the viewer's eye to the figure's eyes, making issues with them seem more prominent.

As for the paint job on the skin, do you find it's 'lifelike'? Your photos make Mulder's skin seem a tiny bit too 'shiny' to be really lifelike. I recently bought and reviewed Threezero's Major from Ghost in the Shell, and I felt that the figure's biggest weakness was that the paint wasn't lifelike, especially next to a Hot Toys product. I looked at photos from your reviews of Threezero products, and it seems Threezero's paint jobs are inconsistent - some have better painted skin than others.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are inconsistent - it remains an issue for ThreeZero. I don't think it's 'shiny', but the color and airbrushed quality reduces the realism of the overall portrait.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know about the deluxe version with the trench coat, bummer. I just got my Mulder today, overall very pleased with the figure but surprised that there was no stand of any kind included, oh well.
Yep, ThreeZero doesn't provide stands with any of their figures. Getting to be more common with the smaller companies.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
693 Posts
My wife is a fan of X-files and I'm looking for the most realistic head sculpt of Duchovny and Anderson. This doesn't do it for me. Has anyone else done a better job?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts