One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I decided to do a bash of Wyatt Earp (Kevin Costner) Tombstone a few months back. I used parts from about a dozen sources and made most of the hat myself. I'm going to put this up on Ebay later today.

The sand base also has brass bullets scattered on the ground and all the dirt on Wyatt's boots and pants are permanent and not just powdered on. The holster is real leather and was made by Stevos Toys.

Thanks for looking, This is my first 1/6 bash and I'll be back with several more custom figures soon.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me?

Very nice job on this figure. I likes!

·
Living the 1/6th dream
930 Posts
I just saw that movie yesterday. Ironic.
"Mister, I've been in a really bad mood for the last few years, so I'd appreciate it if you'd just leave me alone."

Excellent figure. Bravo!
Is Doc Holliday next on your list?

·
AKA Nigel...
5,053 Posts
Really cool figure and some very nice weathering:thumb:thumb

One small point though, Kevin Costner was in the movie Wyai Earp; the, IMO, far superior movie Tombstone was Kurt Russell.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Great figure! Really nice attention to detail! From the weathering, looks like he's on the Vendetta Ride!

Both Wyatt Earp and Tombstone are awesome, awesome films. Both have some historical accuracies and inaccuracies. The Cowboys in Tombstone were historically accurate. In Wyatt Earp, at the Train scene, when Stillwell is blasted by Earp, Costner's Earp puts some 18 shots into him, where Russell's Earp doesn't. The real Earp shot up Stilwell 18 times.

If not for Val Kilmer's stellar performance as Doc Holliday, everyone would be talking about Dennis Quaid's job. He lost a ton of weight for the role I understand.

I've done a ton of research on Wyatt Earp, as I portray him in our Western Reenactment group, the Diablo Gunslingers.

You've done a helluva job on this figure and you make me want to build one too! :applause:applause

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very nice.

:clap

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys for all the posts, I really appreciate the comments. For me Costner's Wyatt Earp is the definitive version. Kevin Costner was actually supposed to star in TOMBSTONE and had script issues so he went off and got Lawrence Kasdan (Writer of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) to write and direct Wyatt Earp for him.

The Ebay auction begins at 3PM Thursday the 27th oc October. 120 years and ONE DAY after the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (I missed posting this auction yesterday!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts