One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings:

Here's a WWII US Waistgunner I'm currently working on. The headsculpt was done by Erick Sosa and painted by Sebastien Bontemps (Elvis1976). The base decal was done by Corrose. The rest of the gear is from Dragon Models, Hot Toys, BattleGear Toys and Sideshow Collectibles. Along with Corrose I am currently working on the "Memphis Belle" artwork for the back of the jacket. Stay tuned.

Eric

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Re: WWII US Waistgunner Bruce Willis - W.I.P.

Duuude that looks awesome! I'm usually not really one for Air Force type figures but this guy looks really great. Really nice with the head sculpt, it fits really well.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Duuude that looks awesome! I'm usually not really one for Air Force type figures but this guy looks really great. Really nice with the head sculpt, it fits really well.
Thanks. I've been holding this headsculpt for awhile waiting for the right project. I think this is it. :)

Eric

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

I've been holding this headsculpt for awhile waiting for the right project. I think this is it.
I think you're right.

Mighty fine work.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts

Sorry, but all I see are the venerable "red x's"......no pics.....

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts

Very nice, Eric. I really like the use of John Connor jacket, for a bomber jacket. cool idea

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks guys. :)

Sorry, but all I see are the venerable "red x's"......no pics.....
Hmm. Not sure why you don't see the pics. Everyone else seems to see them. Sorry.

Very nice, Eric. I really like the use of John Connor jacket, for a bomber jacket. cool idea
Actually, the jacket and pants are from the DML "Billy Hicks" Waistgunner set.

Eric

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts

He looks good. A couple of suggestions:

1. Try putting on a DID B-3 flying leather jacket on him and it will look much better. You can
erase the painted artwork on the back with Acetone solution if you desire.

2. Repaint the A-6 flying boots an appropriate brown color paint to make it more accurate.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

Question. Is the rubber bottom suppose to the brown or black as seen in this pic?

Also, would a member of the Memphis Belle have A-6 boots with or without the straps? I read "Beginning in November 1944, the A-6 was modified with the addition of buckled leather straps to help keep the shoes more secure on the foot. This modification was later declared as the Type A-6A Standard on 7 August 1945."

Thanks.
Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.