One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
The Germans used to paint the top of the egg grenade from red to blue and leave them where Russian soldiers could find them. The red top grenades were zero seconds delay and exploded as soon as the top was pulled, so that is why they would repaint the tops blue. The grenades came in three different delays red, blue and yellow

·
Registered
801 Posts
The Germans used to paint the top of the egg grenade from red to blue and leave them where Russian soldiers could find them. The red top grenades were zero seconds delay and exploded as soon as the top was pulled, so that is why they would repaint the tops blue. The grenades came in three different delays red, blue and yellow
Thank you!

was that same coding for the all red head and bodied grenades and the AT Grenade too?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wondered the same thing (regarding color vs time) for the model 39 Egg-Grenade. Also if these color/time(s) applied to other types of grenades. Well, found this info via Wiki regarding the model 39....

Color/Time for Model 39 (Egg Grenade)

* Grey - zero delay (used exclusively for booby-traps and fuse ignitors)
* Red - 1 second delay (for coloured smoke, but also booby-traps)
* Blue - 4.5 second delay (this was the standard fuze and the one most commonly issued)
* Yellow - 7.5 seconds

As for whether these apply to other types of grenades/explosives? No idea.

G

·
Jon - the actual stick grenade cluster in the photo with the red charges is made of Italian hand grenades (Twisting Toyz released them). I think you were asking about that.

I don't know about the red Hafthohlladung - I've only seen them in gray and yellow (I'm sure a white-wash would be out there too). Same with the two red potato mashers and the red egg grenade (with blue cap) in the photo - never seen or heard of it. Anyone have proof of these?

Wiki says there were four colors on the egg grenade caps - gray: zero delay, red: 1 sec, blue: 4.5 sec and yellow: 7.5.

DML released an anti-tank set with red and blue capped potato mashers as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, those look so 1:1 that I was going to make a joke about being careful dusting the shelves!! Really impressive collection.
Yup, better take those bouncing bettys and put em somewhere safe, away from animals and small crawler humans
:lol
Wow, those AT cluster 'nades musta been a god-damned beast to carry, not to mention throw!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Those are explosive devices that you swing around by holding on to the end of the white things and then let go and you can throw them very far that way

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,283 Posts
Excellent collection! I recognize most of what you have, but there are many that I don't recognize... My collection has a ways to go I see from yours...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts