One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11th SS-Freiwilligen Panzergrenadierdivision 'Nordland'

The summer of 1943 saw the final step towards consolidation of the three Scandinavian units in the Wehrmacht. The veterans of SS-Panzer grenadier Regiment 'Nordland' was sent to Grafenwohr Training Area in Bavaria to form the core of the new 11. SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadierdivision 'Nordland'. At first given the name 'Varangians', after the Viking bodyguards of the Byzantine Emperors, Hitler overruled Himmler and ordered the division to keep its regimental name, 'Nordland'. While the division retained its old name, the two newly formed Panzergrenadier regiments received new names.
SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 23 was made up of Norwegian and Swedish volunteers and named 'Norge' while SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 24 was comprised of Danish troops and named 'Danmark'.
As 'Nordland' was fleshed out not all the volunteers were from Norway, Denmark or Sweden. Over 1,200 Romanian Volksdeutsche (ethnic Germans from Romania) were added to the strength of SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 24 'Danmark' alone.

Commanded by SS-Gruppenfuhrer Fritz von Scholz, the new division was attached to SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Fleix Steiner's III (Germanic) SS-Panzerkorps and detailed for training and anti-partisan duty in Croatia.

(from SS Nordland )

Hi guys,

Here below is one of my collection, SS panzergrenadier division 'Nordland' MG34 gunner, Oberschutze.

Thank you for browsing.

All the best,
William

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
I love this figure! The poses are very natural and the weathering is just right. The headsculpt is perfect too, with just the right mix of weariness and determination. Bravo!

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Excellent work. Really nice with outstanding details and weathering :bravo

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I agree a very nicely bashed figure with excellent posing, details, and weathering!!! congrats

PS.... here is a tip from real life and re-enacting.... put the shovel(spade) backwards in the carrier so the handle angles outward. This prevented the end of the handle poking into the back of ones thigh. Many soldiers did this when in the field.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Damn your good, m8...

>>>

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys,

Thank you for your encouraging words.:thanks

Pzrwest, thank you for the tip. I might try it for my future German project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts