One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
wow, awesome work dude! "i'm a school teacher...I teach english comp' was actually just watching spr yesterday, what a flick, although not quite as good as thin red line, its still awesome.

·
HOOYAH! CORPSMAN UP!
607 Posts
Great Work

As all of your work, this one's no exception! Weathering, and equipment is just plain outstanding!!! And as I mentioned before, the uniforms are the best I've seen!!! Awesome representation my friend :thumb

·
Oh my lord!
390 Posts
Just outstanding...beautiful. One thing I noticed that would be a nice little tweak is that Miller's knife scabbard is actually tucked into the back flap of his holster in the film (it's not attached to his belt). This can only be seen in one or two frames in the scene where he approaches the tank just before he meets Ryan. It is a little bit difficult to do with a plastic holster (requires two horizontal cuts) but it tucks right into the back flap of a Battle Gear Toys leather holster. Not to nitpick, but when a figure is this perfect, I can't help but mention it. Just awesome.

Also, two deep horizontal red gashes on the right side of the neck below the ear would really set off that incredible sculpt.

Lastly he wears a watch on his left wrist with the watch face on the underside of his wrist. It has either an olive green or brown band, silver casing, and black face (probably an Elgin). It can be seen as he looks through the binoculars just before Irwin Wade's death. BBI Paddy Ryan has the perfect watch once you replace the black band with an olive drab or brown strap.

http://echobasetoys.com/Blue_Box_Pa...WWII_Parts/Loose_WWII_British_Accessories.htm

This link should be the right watch, but I would ask if it has a black face if you do go for it as I don't know if all three of the figures listed really do have the same correct black faced watch.

I hope you don't think that I'm trying to critisize this figure. It is by far the best that I have ever seen (and I'm obsessed with Miller customs). I would not mention such ridiculously small details as they relate to a lesser figure, but this thing is just brilliant.

·
saving private ryan FAN.
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The remodeling method of the lay figure.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

A shoulder joint a ball joint.

I prepare the gap into the hip joint.
I shorten manual length 5mm.

I lengthen the body 5mm.

I shorten the length of the foot 5mm.

I lengthen the body 5 millimeters.
I shorten the length of the foot 5mm.

I fix the figure.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts