One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, not really my field of collecting, but after watching Band of Brothers for the 10th or so time i really want that 101st Soldier now. Have to spend the Bday money somehow anyway.
So what should i do?
Get Albert Ross and tweak him a little to get him right?
Or just get everything i need loose, maybe from Newline?
Does DIDs Stuff fit on Hot Toys Bodies?

Please advise. Oh the only thing i do already have would be Newline Corcoran Jump Boots, can i use those?

Thanks in advance.

holger

·
Old Jarhead
516 Posts
Albert Ross would be the way to go. Get a second body and with the second head, dress uniform in the set and Newlines boots you'll have a twofer. Other than adding some Battle Gear patchs its a stand up paratrooper. The patchs they include are fine just slighty thicker than I prefer.

·
HOOYAH! CORPSMAN UP!
607 Posts
i agree

Albert Ross would be the way to go. Get a second body and with the second head, dress uniform in the set and Newlines boots you'll have a twofer. Other than adding some Battle Gear patchs its a stand up paratrooper. The patchs they include are fine just slighty thicker than I prefer.
I totaly agree. Ross is definitley the best representation for a WW2 Paratrooper. As far as for uniforms go, NEWLINE does have the M42 MODIFIED UNIFORMS, and definitley use the Corcoran Jump Boots!!! Being a WW2 Para nut myself, I highly suggest those. Good luck! :cheers

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats probably what im gonna do.
Hot Toys Body
DiD Albert Ross Gear
NLM Boots and M42 Reinforced Uniform

would that work? Especially the fit of the uniform on a HT Body? (Helmet as well?)

·
In the bush..........Nam baby!
3,190 Posts
Man oh man, have I been out of the market for awhile.

My first thought, after seeing this topic, was to ask myself, "Albert Ross? Who's that?", and I followed up with a www search.

There have been a number of very nice American paratroopers issued over the years, from a number of sources, but I imagine very few of those figures are available MIB these days.

But not Albert Ross. He and his parts are available "everywhere", and Ross, with a very minimal amount of tweaking, looks to be as good as anything I've seen in the past seven years.

I'm not exactly enamored by his non-reinforced M-42's, or that ugly-ass e-tool, but the combination of all of his kit and equipment lead me to believe he could be one of the best 1/6th buys...ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts