One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my another bash.

All Dragon loose apart from combat boots with gaitors (DiD)

Thanks for browsing.

Best regards,
William

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
William, Your weathering on fabrics is as good as i have seen in the hobby...perhaps you could reveal your method?

A wonderful German soldier.

Neil.
Hi Neil

Thank you for your compliment.
Regarding weathering on fabric I use mostly pastel. Most important thing is to make sure fabrics and wrinkles look natural. I also use a water spray, a hairspray and a hair dryer.
As long as you have good understanding of the gravity; everything heads downward and body movement you should be okay. Make cloth soaked then make wrinkles as you like and hold it while you hairspray and dry it. It makes fabrics a little bit stiffer but stay as you form. Then smudge where you want weathering with pastel, starting with grey or charcoal then dark tan or brown.
That's it. I hope it is of some help.

Best
William

·
Registered
519 Posts
Great figure's mate. Well done, like the commando.

I love seeing a basic design/figure come to life with a little love & care (& a whole lot of basic talent).

Thanks for sharing your tips.

Hi Neil

Thank you for your compliment.
Regarding weathering on fabric I use mostly pastel. Most important thing is to make sure fabrics and wrinkles look natural. I also use a water spray, a hairspray and a hair dryer.
As long as you have good understanding of the gravity; everything heads downward and body movement you should be okay. Make cloth soaked then make wrinkles as you like and hold it while you hairspray and dry it. It makes fabrics a little bit stiffer but stay as you form. Then smudge where you want weathering with pastel, starting with grey or charcoal then dark tan or brown.
That's it. I hope it is of some help.

Best
William

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Awesome work!
I think he could use some ammunition, a couple drums on a strap, or some belts of rounds around his neck...
Really well done as it is though, bravo!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I agree.....beautifully done, but he does need some ammo......the MG34 without ammo is merely a club.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts