One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my recent kitbash of US airborne based on Dragon 'Frank Laird'.

Headsculpt : Did, Major Richard Winters
Hands and gloves : SS
Two-buckle boots : DID
The rest : Dragon

This figure was released in 2004 by Dragon and still its loose, such as parachuts and M1943 jacket look good IMHO.

I hope you enjoy it. Thank you.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Re: WW2 101st US Airborne in Market Garden Operation

That is an excellent looking figure..and goes to show with a few upgrades, Dragons older releases can still shine..:thumb:thumb

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bro, they did not use spare chutes at market garden. The jump was too low. But I loved the look. Beautiful. Is the weathering permanent? Wish there could be a tutorial on this.

Thanks
Hi corymalark, thanks for your correction. I removed a life vest and replaced the boots but I didn't realize they only used one parachute.
Regarding weathering I use very simple tools. For cloth I use pastel, only two or three colors, such as grey, charcoal, khaki brown. Make sure you smudge cloth with fingers, then it stays pretty well. I won't say it is permanent but it's okay unless you laundry it. For gears and weapons I use enamel, mainly silver metal. Most important thing for weathering it is not painting but making the uniforms look natural and worn so I wash cloths and make wrinkles where necessary. Hope it is of some help. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.