One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member of this forum off & on since 1999/2000 when it originally started in ezboard and then evolving into it's present version.

I had to do some digging, but the thread below IMHO is one the BEST and most memorable I've seen within the OSW.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...us-special-force-group-oda-121-oda-122-a.html

The thread is from 2005.

Granted, some may feel the figures presented in comparison to what's available nowadays may be a tad dated; however, I personally feel what was accomplished by Yujin back then and to this day is one of the greatest 1:6 assembly & collection of special forces figures using what was considered the best of the available accessories, base bodies, head sculpts, uniforms, & weapons at that time and IMHO it still stands up very well nowadays. It was a true labor of love and quite an accomplishment.

Yujin, if you're still around . . . thank for posting/sharing that back then because it's still quite memorable.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,388 Posts
This is not only awesome in scale making a whole team, it's still fresh to see a whole team in jungle camo.

And in 2005, the gear used was pretty primo stuff.

But I said as much in that thread when it was resurrected a few years ago.

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
Great stuff!!

...and might i add?, that Yujin is one of the many 100% Gentlemen on this board (or any other for that matter)..he was the first "freindly voice" i heard the first day i came here, way back when...and we became very good friends.
Where ever he is, i hope he is doing very well.

Neil.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Absolutely agreed! They still look just as good today. "If" anything was ever to be tweaked on these I would hope it would be nothing more than the head sculpts. The rest is pure perfection. Even as they are, however, they're phenomenal.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts

·
its time to musk up...
1,023 Posts
Amazing thread. I bet in outdoors shoots those figures would have looked bang up to date!

I still revist Frankensteins amazing outdoor shoots and even through they are pretty old they still look amazing to this day

Its a shame that prices these days has kind curbed the large squad builds for many

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Hey Chung, wow thanks for the kudos! It was a really pleasant surprise to see this come up again! :lol I am still around but I comment a lot lesser than before. I haven't done 1/6 in ages as well due to changes in life situation - but I still buy the occasional figure (primarily the DAM Tears of the Sun ones) so there are still a couple of unopened boxed that are literally stacked from ground to the bottom.

And heh, I actually took apart the 2 ODAs, and sort of "updated" them a bit. Changes weren't massive but I thought that they look better and "tighter" now. For one, some of them don't have as much to carry, and I also taped up all the loose threads. ODA 121 has been redone for a while now but ODA 122 is largely stripped apart. Probably thinking of converting them to late 90s, pre-Marpat Force Recon... that is if I ever find the time!

It was always a long term goal to have a whole bunch of Special Force, Rangers, SEALs, Force Recon and PJs in woodland attire. I still have the parts for it, just not the time to put them together. :lol

The Tears of the Sun squad (if I knew DAM was going to do it, I will probably have saved the effort at doing so, haha!)that I did really took a lot out of me and that was probably the last time I did anything serious, 1/6 wise.

Sorry for the spiel above, but it's been a while since I even saw that thread - brought back lots of good memories.

Neil (Ulsterman) - Hey man! Hope that you are doing well! :D It's been a while!

Aaron (CorranJ)- Love your squad! Wish we could physically put them all together in a photoshoot! ;)

Rest of the guys - thanks man! :)

Ps. I will love to do Outdoor Shots - it's one of those things that I planned to, but never did. Maybe now will be a good time. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.