One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member of this forum off & on since 1999/2000 when it originally started in ezboard and then evolving into it's present version.

I had to do some digging, but the thread below IMHO is one the BEST and most memorable I've seen within the OSW.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...us-special-force-group-oda-121-oda-122-a.html

The thread is from 2005.

Granted, some may feel the figures presented in comparison to what's available nowadays may be a tad dated; however, I personally feel what was accomplished by Yujin back then and to this day is one of the greatest 1:6 assembly & collection of special forces figures using what was considered the best of the available accessories, base bodies, head sculpts, uniforms, & weapons at that time and IMHO it still stands up very well nowadays. It was a true labor of love and quite an accomplishment.

Yujin, if you're still around . . . thank for posting/sharing that back then because it's still quite memorable.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,075 Posts
This is not only awesome in scale making a whole team, it's still fresh to see a whole team in jungle camo.

And in 2005, the gear used was pretty primo stuff.

But I said as much in that thread when it was resurrected a few years ago.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
They are a pretty good looking bunch, and, as far as I can see it's only the sculpts that really date them, but, that was state of the art in 2005.

CHEERS!

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
Great stuff!!

...and might i add?, that Yujin is one of the many 100% Gentlemen on this board (or any other for that matter)..he was the first "freindly voice" i heard the first day i came here, way back when...and we became very good friends.
Where ever he is, i hope he is doing very well.

Neil.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Absolutely agreed! They still look just as good today. "If" anything was ever to be tweaked on these I would hope it would be nothing more than the head sculpts. The rest is pure perfection. Even as they are, however, they're phenomenal.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts

·
its time to musk up...
1,023 Posts
Amazing thread. I bet in outdoors shoots those figures would have looked bang up to date!

I still revist Frankensteins amazing outdoor shoots and even through they are pretty old they still look amazing to this day

Its a shame that prices these days has kind curbed the large squad builds for many

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Hey Chung, wow thanks for the kudos! It was a really pleasant surprise to see this come up again! :lol I am still around but I comment a lot lesser than before. I haven't done 1/6 in ages as well due to changes in life situation - but I still buy the occasional figure (primarily the DAM Tears of the Sun ones) so there are still a couple of unopened boxed that are literally stacked from ground to the bottom.

And heh, I actually took apart the 2 ODAs, and sort of "updated" them a bit. Changes weren't massive but I thought that they look better and "tighter" now. For one, some of them don't have as much to carry, and I also taped up all the loose threads. ODA 121 has been redone for a while now but ODA 122 is largely stripped apart. Probably thinking of converting them to late 90s, pre-Marpat Force Recon... that is if I ever find the time!

It was always a long term goal to have a whole bunch of Special Force, Rangers, SEALs, Force Recon and PJs in woodland attire. I still have the parts for it, just not the time to put them together. :lol

The Tears of the Sun squad (if I knew DAM was going to do it, I will probably have saved the effort at doing so, haha!)that I did really took a lot out of me and that was probably the last time I did anything serious, 1/6 wise.

Sorry for the spiel above, but it's been a while since I even saw that thread - brought back lots of good memories.

Neil (Ulsterman) - Hey man! Hope that you are doing well! :D It's been a while!

Aaron (CorranJ)- Love your squad! Wish we could physically put them all together in a photoshoot! ;)

Rest of the guys - thanks man! :)

Ps. I will love to do Outdoor Shots - it's one of those things that I planned to, but never did. Maybe now will be a good time. :p

·
builder of blackhawks.
531 Posts
agree, I remember drooling over the kit bashes while building..lol kinda neat to reflect back on the past at times, and nice to see some of the old familiar names from back then =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts