One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Have you taken a action figure to work

• Yes I have and my co-workers loved it.

Votes: 153 57.3%
  • No I havent

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • I wouldnt share my creative talents with them.

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • I may consider it some day when donkeys fly.

Votes: 54 20.2%
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
5,445 Posts
I've taken my dolls to school. Their surgery-enhanced figures make chicks flock towards me, though my Nikon works ten times better.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I took a couple of the MontyPython "Holy Grail" figs to fill up some space on my bookshelf... My co-workers got a big kick out of it; every now and then someone new will come in and "re-pose" a figure. It became a natural icebreaker of sorts for different levels of managers/staff. I have yet to hear anyone refer to them as "dolls." They are either the "MontyPython figures," or "MontyPython GI Joes" :hyper

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
I work in a suit and or tie almost everyday and yes, even in that rigid getup and in an environment to match I have had a figure at work ( DML CIA Jones ) Although it was more of a went to the Post Office on my lunch to pick up the Jones and then bring it in so it wouldn't get pinched from my car. So technically work was a temporary stop off for old Jonesy. The best reaction to the figure ( and a compliment to me I suppose ) came from one of my coworkers who said she thought that I bore more that a passing resemblence to Jones. I should've asked her out.

·
Don't Panic.
2,477 Posts
Q_Con said:
What? No way! What would people think!

Q
Good one :lol

I have taken several and several of my vehicles just to show off. I get some people saying i'm weird, but most think it's pretty cool. I wouldn't leave one there, though because I don't have an office and my desk is not very secure.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Are the guys that work in the business allowed to vote? Taking one to work should not be a big deal ya know. LOL

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
I used to have them set up at work, that is until some mischevious sorts decided that my combat poses weren't good enough, so they decided to put them in other positions. In the process, they broke the SAW that came with Jamie.

Since then, I'll take a figure to work when I get a cool one, but he doesn't stay there and he's in my desk when I'm at a meeting or lunch or something.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had one of my first true bashes , a SWAT guy, riding in my patrol car with me. Now I have some 1/6 to work on while in Iraq. My team loves them! Waiting on 1/6 ACU to do my whole team as gifts to them when we get back.

·
Strange & different
1,519 Posts
Yah, actually I have. I do training of staff from time to time. I like to use "visual training aides," unlike most folks that just yammer away for hours without saying anything unique or generally important. :p

So, when I do the class about helicopter safety regulations, I bring in the ol' Black Bird and a few pilot officers to occupy the controls. Usually causes a stir, ya know! It really helps to "drive home the point" about visual deadspots around a chopper and the danger area behind the cockpit. Generally my classes are well-received by the folks in training and in the office, and I get to have some fun, too. No matter how straight-laced a person might be, no matter how "professional" an office might try to be, toys brings out the "kid" in folks and they have some fun at work! :D

I also use ERTL and Tonka vehicles for industrial and farm equipment safety classes. Helps to have a toy agricultural tractor, front-end loader, and skid-steer loader for folks that never seen one up-close. Pictures are fine, but don't always have the same "gee whiz" attention-getting factor. Wish I could find more and different pieces of equipment for my classes--they work well for me.

I can't leave these things at work--we have a problem with too many people going in-and-out of the office and things have come up "missing." :(

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I've got a George Lucas custom sitting in a display case at work, with signs that get changed every once in a while: "Jar Jar was my kids' idea." "Friends don't let friends believe in Midichlorians." etc.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I used to keep several figure on my shelf in office, till a couple of the guys kidnapped 50cal sniper snapped pics w/ rifle inappropriatley placed and sent ransom demand. I replied with pics of entire assault unit and death threats. Sniper was returned to his post.It ain't over till the fat barrel sings....

·
OSW Trade Police (Retired)
11,749 Posts
I actually have two of my Modern Era Gurkha sitting in my office as we speak.

They're quite at home, and don't draw any undue comments or concerns.

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
I have my customized 21 C Bradley and two figures at work sitting in a very large wood file cabinet. Two more spec. ops. figures on my desk. I'm the President of the company so I can do what I want. I get ooh's and ahh's all the time. Most want to open the hatches and look inside or they want to know what else I have. They are a great attention getter. Nobody has dared to touch them in any inappropriate manner that I'm aware of. If I should catch someone they would immediately be involuntarily removed from the payroll system! LOL!!

THE OCBubba

1 - 20 of 90 Posts