One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Maybe not,but possibly.

Most likely it would be a 3 color or woodland though.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
A U.S. Army , conventional line dog , more than likely not. If so, it would be a very rare occurance. I have never seen it, and it has never been part of the Army inventory afaik. Don't mean it never happened naturally, especially if someone can produce a pic to prove otherwise.

Although, Coyote Tan pouches , etc, yes. I had some myself. Privately purchased of course. As Corran said, if not an ACU vest, then Woodland and DCU would be okay.

Some of the super secret guys , shhhhhhhh, more of a possibility. Army SF, Navy Seals, etc..

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
This thread just kills me. I have 3 figures, all Army SF in the works and everyone of them is in acu's, has a coyote brown body armor dealie and one of em even has a coyote chest rig jiggy thing over that.

Now normally I'd not care, but this time, this one and only time I am trying to create a semi accurate bash up of SF. So that weeping you hear? That's me in the corner.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Lol. A CB plate carrier/vest and the chest rig would probably be ok HC.
Just not an interceptor like the ones regular troops wear--the kind DML put on most of their OIF figures, though theirs were usually made in the woodland pattern.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So is it a general rule of thumb that ACU Bdu will be worn with ACU pattern interceptor?

But generally, i think coyote interceptors tend to be worn by marines more than the army guys as they are mostly spooted with 3C/ woodland/ ACU interceptors

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Hardcase, using them on SF guys as you have them would be a greater reality over a conventional line Infantryman, Tanker, Scout, Engineer, etc..

Like the cool pics Armchair provided, you see some SOC dudes wearing Coyote tan body armor, not IBA but coyote tan armor, but none the less. They have alot more leeway in areas that the conventinal, or Regular line units normally have.

As I mentioned, the IBA in Coyote tan is not an regular issue item for the Army afaik. All I have seen and been issued have been Woodland, DCU, and ACU IBA's.

And, it was not uncommon to see such a motley mix of all three colors in use at the same time, earlier during the transition from Woodland/DCU to ACU. I will dig up some personal pics tonight to show you what I mean. I had about three different "looks" in the span of one year as far as uniform and equipment mix n match.

Using private purchase Coyote tan pouches and accessories is not an uncommon event.
When I mentioned having used alot of such items myself, that included a SPECOPS brand chest rig in Coyote Tan at one point.

To sum it up, instead of blabbing on is this:

Coyote Tan IBA or plate carrier of any sort for a Regular dude in BDU, DCU, or ACU is probably a 1/6 fashion faux paux.

Coyote tan anything for a Army SF dude is a more likely fashion statement, and not quite the faux paux.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
All of you guys are right. However, what is the correct uniform and gear that is worn by a US soldier requires you to take a snap shot in time. Guys remember, when ACUs first came out, there was not a lot of gear available that match the cammo pattern of the ACU uniform. There was a lot of mix and match stuff going on to include headgear. It was not until a year or two later that you started to see matching ACU gear (late 2006). Most Army units were using anything from woodland, Coyote Brown, to 3 color desert cammo IBA and related pouches.

During 2003 and 2005 the Army had not even standardized as the IBA as the official body armor and soldier were buying their own body armor (i.e. Dragon Skin, PACA, etc.). For a short period, within the SOF community, especially the United States Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command, Airborne (USACAPOC [A]) soldiers were issued Coyote Brown IBAs.

That being said, when the USMC started to issue the MARPAT uni (in all its variations) they also standardized, the Coyote Brown IBA (and gear in general) was designated by the USMC as there color of choice. So, you know the Army had to have their own thing, therefor, everything in ACU. On the other hand SOF just tries to blend in and not stand out. What is practical for the mission is what is important.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ACUs

Hello
I thought Id chime in on this one....
Id say no, BUT I have seen some Blackwater guys as well as some SF dudes in "The Stan" wearing the coyote brown plate carriers, but a bog standard line doggie in the US Army NO, He wouldnt have access to it since its a USMC item, and no marine is gonna trade his body armor to some Army guy. the Army loves uniformity!
Actually the plate carriers up until recently were BDU and DCU's with a ACU cover on em. Ive got one myself in 1/1 scale and its just like the choc chip ones for the Kevlar vests of the 1st Gulf war circa 1990-91.
hope this helps!
Paul

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
guys you really know your stuff. One more question, is it still possible to see woodland or 3 color desert interceptors?
I see them all the time on the Pentagon Channel. There was even an ACU Interceptor over a Tan flight suit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts