- One (1) pair of boots

- One (1) broken neck

- One (1) Bloodsoaked

- One (1) platform for hat

Release date: Q3, 2014

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© 2014 Warner Bros Pictures
© 2014 World Box Limited. All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
852 Posts
nice,
Ok kids logic these guys are pushing out their second and you just got out your first.
I am liking this line though

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Love the accessories!!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Bloody good!
I'm imagining how it would it look... to have Capt America posed slicing the enemy open with his shield with that blood splatter and sliced neck...

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Very cool! I assumed we would get Scorpion or Liu Kang, but I'll take Kung lao!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Pretty cool, I reckon.

But, what's with the bloody skull? I didn't see it in the shot showing all the accessories. Included or not?

Oh yeah, the hat thing was stolen from Ian Fleming, creator of James Bond.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
But, what's with the bloody skull? I didn't see it in the shot showing all the accessories. Included or not?
It came with the Sub Zero figure (bloody skull and spine)

·
Diplomacy is overrated
70 Posts
I am guessing the arterial spray torso is a cover or cap and that is a great idea. The slit throat will be a very hot item to pick up and that hat... holy .... I have been waiting for that style of headwear. This figure alone I can either start or finish up 6 ideas alone.

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
It's actually a smart move to announce their release of Kung Lao not long after announcing that Sub Zero is coming.
They are letting consumers know there will be more than just one Mortal Kombat figure coming out.
Kung Lao is a less-popular character and a good choice to follow Sub Zero.

If WB were to release all of the most popular characters all at once, most people would just buy those ones and not bother with the later releases of lesser characters.
But I bet that being so popular, and also being Sub Zero's main rival, Scorpion will probably be one of the final characters to be released by WB.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It's actually a smart move to announce their release of Kung Lao not long after announcing that Sub Zero is coming.
Hmm?? This is the first time I heard about Kung Lao and Sub Zero was announced way way back in 2013. Was Kung Lao announced earlier and I somehow missed it?
:think

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Impressed by this line indeed.

I'm liking the quality of the individual figures but what I really give them bonus points for is how, instead of just making costumed character A and costumed character B, they have really responded to something unique in the subject matter and come up with these unique Fatalities pieces. (It reminds me of a favorite Revoltech Fist of the North Star figure whose uniqueness was in how it could be disembowelled). I think it's wonderful when designers don't stop at asking "what's this guy look like" but go on to ask the question of "what's special or unique about this movie / anime /game and is there some way to make that prominent in 1/6". It's good marketing too since the Fatalities are interactive and encourage us to buy all characters in the series.

Maybe someone will steal the idea and we'll get an accesories pack of just gore, wounds and fatalities.

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
Hmm?? This is the first time I heard about Kung Lao and Sub Zero was announced way way back in 2013. Was Kung Lao announced earlier and I somehow missed it?
:think
Rumours don't really count though do they?
I don't believe any of them until I see the company release photos of the actual product.

It's like when Hot Toys announce they obtained some license and the figures are coming, only shelve the whole project before it even reaches pre-production.

I'm sure many rumours are started by the companies who want to see what the general market reaction is before investing more resources into their planned projects.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts