THREE CORE TECHNOLOGIES
•the body manufactured from high density engineering materials
•one-step forming parts of the body
•control ankle joints to fall prevention

Strength test for durable body

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Love it, and the new akles. So many ideas for that head, mostly historical fantasy, mage, knight, thief, priest, who knows ;)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I can live without the sculpt, but what really catches the eyes are those ankles - very innovative and (hopefully) more stable than the double-ball joint many modern bodies have - which makes posing a figure in low boots or shoes quite difficult.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hmmm.... seems to me the ankles are only of any use while the figure is nude. To get the feet at different angles you have to manually rotate the ankle itself. Pretty impossible to do once dressed and with boots on.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hmmm.... seems to me the ankles are only of any use while the figure is nude. To get the feet at different angles you have to manually rotate the ankle itself. Pretty impossible to do once dressed and with boots on.
With high boots certainly, but not with shoes, and lower boots are probably also possible.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
The ankles are similar to Enterbay's design. They look a lot sturdier than the doublt ball-joint HT type ankle, which I am not a fan of at all.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The Rooker sculpt is nice, can live without the "junk", the video shows a tough body for sure--I'd get a couple of these--especially if HT hands fit on their wrist posts..

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Those ankles are terrible! You still have a backward and forward pivot, which is the weakest joint you can have. Any weight and the figure will topple. EB's design on the RM-5 had a backward and forward pivot and a ball. The best ever is the DID All Era, that is the most robust ankle I've ever seen.

CHEERS!

·
I come from space!
1,725 Posts
I can live without the sculpt, but what really catches the eyes are those ankles - very innovative and (hopefully) more stable than the double-ball joint many modern bodies have - which makes posing a figure in low boots or shoes quite difficult.
That's a lie. Clearly the focal point is the PLASTIC WILLY.

I can never buy this. My wife takes enough shots at me already...owning anatomically correct action figures would make it too easy for her. :b

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That's a lie. Clearly the focal point is the PLASTIC WILLY.

I can never buy this. My wife takes enough shots at me already...owning anatomically correct action figures would make it too easy for her. :b
The willy? oh please, it's so small it's barely noticable.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Those ankles are terrible! You still have a backward and forward pivot, which is the weakest joint you can have. Any weight and the figure will topple. EB's design on the RM-5 had a backward and forward pivot and a ball. The best ever is the DID All Era, that is the most robust ankle I've ever seen.

CHEERS!
I'd like to disagree; this is by no means the weakest type of joint - the double-ball joint is. Now, this solution is by no means perfect, but I'd still say its better - I don't really recall the DiD All Era so please enlighten me.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I'm not a nudist advocate or anything, but blowing past these bodies because of the "package" is a mistake.

Hell, put some pants on them.

These are pretty damn nice bodies and should not be ignored because of the anatomical presentation.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I'm not a nudist advocate or anything, but blowing past these bodies because of the "package" is a mistake.

Hell, put some pants on them.

These are pretty damn nice bodies and should not be ignored because of the anatomical presentation.
just see no need to add the package. What was the point? and if I was Michael Rooker, I wouldn't sue them for my likeness...but for that awful (I hope for his sake) representation of his package :lol Often I have to leave figures nude for a while until I can find something suitable to wear....I have small children in the house and this is not something I want to explain....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
just see no need to add the package
Some said it gives a more appropriate look (shadow, silhouette, etc.) when pants are put on... I haven't tried the comparison so can't confirm. But I just find it interesting that apparently few people have problems with all those ultra realistic details on a female nude body (for example Hot Stuff) and the flood of strip club fashion inspired female accessories (some are downright slutty for lack of a better word). I guess two things can be said based on the observation:

1. This hobby mostly remains a "guy thing"

2. Our society as a whole has some case of pen!sphobia :D

Did not mean to provoke any political/social discussion, just poking fun...

I think the AT-003 looks excellent, the only thing remains to be seen is the price.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts