One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

· sits in a loose parts box
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Though i still dont know why they cant use existing weapons, i mean come on there must be an explanation in the book.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Though i still dont know why they cant use existing weapons, i mean come on there must be an explanation in the book.
They sort of do - The weapon needed to be very very durable, incredibly accurate, high rate of fire and carries explosive rounds (I think were called "cherry bombs" or "cherry pops"). The round would explode inside a Zack brain, the eyes of the Zack would glow red for a mili second before all the gray matter came out the ears and nose :devilhnd

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Not a real bayonett just a Spike, like the Spikebayonett on the Chinese Type 56

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
They sort of do - The weapon needed to be very very durable, incredibly accurate, high rate of fire and carries explosive rounds (I think were called "cherry bombs" or "cherry pops"). The round would explode inside a Zack brain, the eyes of the Zack would glow red for a mili second before all the gray matter came out the ears and nose :devilhnd
Well yeah i remember the Cherry Pies. But wouldnt a M14 would do the trick as well?

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Wasn't there something in there about having to mass produce them quickly and easily as well as having to have a standardized ammunition?

- Guess I'll be doing some re-reading.

Cherry Pies! That's right, not cherry bombs or pops.

· Registered
64 Posts
They couldn't make any more of the current rifles (due to the factories being unable to produce composite materials east of the Rockies, I think). So the SIR was developed using just steel and wood. I kind of pictured it as a G3-style rifle, just having wood construction for the stock, etc. I'm not sure how to go around making that though...I can't sculpt worth anything...

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Well i dont see why youd have to make new "current" rifles, there are stockpiles of them made already? Oh well...maybe because they couldnt get to any of the armories or something..

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Thanks, I couldn't remember the details *puff cough cough hack puff*.

I still think the Vietnam era M14, or even an M1 Carbine would be good base to to start with.

I might be easier to do a Russian - They were using WWII weapons that had been in storage for 60 years... I have quite a few of the PPSH.

· Registered
64 Posts
At the time of the Battle of Hope, the entire US east of the Rockies was completely overrun and infested with Zack. So, any armories and stockpiles were essentially unreachable, or not worth the effort, I guess.

I think I'm just gonna gear up a PMC and write a backstory and character profile for him. Maybe even do my own interview, WWZ style.

· Registered
1,091 Posts
Hey, I like it, think I'll give it a try. But, I don't get it.......I must be dumber then rock. Maybe because I'm not really into zombies stuff? But why would there be a war with zombies anyway? From all the zombies moves I saw. The zombies are very easy kill. just put snipers on every high ground, and the shooters can take them all out in no time. Or just napalm them. Coues if the zombies are smart enough to duck for cover, get organized, find guns and shoot back....then we really have a war, and I'll be worry then. Yeah, maybe I'll bash a gun toting zombie. That would be fun.

· Registered
64 Posts
Hey, I like it, think I'll give it a try. But, I don't get it.......I must be dumber then rock. Maybe because I'm not really into zombies stuff? But why would there be a war with zombies anyway? From all the zombies moves I saw. The zombies are very easy kill. just put snipers on every high ground, and the shooters can take them all out in no time. Or just napalm them. Coues if the zombies are smart enough to duck for cover, get organized, find guns and shoot back....then we really have a war, and I'll be worry then. Yeah, maybe I'll bash a gun toting zombie. That would be fun.
It's really a one-sided war...the zombies don't have guns, haha.

I'll try to simplify the plot as best as I can for those who want to participate but don't want to read the book.

In 2012 (??) an outbreak of an unknown virus occurs in China. The outbreak soon spreads through faulty containment procedures, immigration/exodus, organ trafficking, etc. Soon the entire world has nearly 2/3 of their population as walking dead.

Israel closed its borders soon into the pandemic and remained relatively disease free. The US was nearly wiped out until our Army got its act together and fought back. US troops in the Anti-Z Offensive wore navy blue NBC suits, weilded a steel melee weapon and the SIR (Standard Infantry Rifle), a semi-automatic highly accurate wood and steel rifle.

Anyone else care to continue? :)

· Diplomacy is Overrated
755 Posts
Think of it like this, you are tasked with stopping a wave from rolling up on to the beach. Or if that doesn't work.... try taking a city the size of NY roughly 10 million people. and say 75% are turned to zombies. How do you expect to stop that many enemies that never sleep, never need to eat and keep moving toward you as long they are able to propel it's self. After you stop 5 zombies, 20 more are attracted to the sounds of the rifle fire.

· Registered
64 Posts
20012 not very far off. But.... why need steel melee? For CQB? What wrong with the M4? Why go back to wood and steel rifle? Do the book answer all that? Thanks.
The Lobo is used for CQB, when you're caught off guard or don't have time to reload.

The SIR was developed because factories to produce composite materials were out of operation/inaccessible (sp?) so it was produced with a wood-steel construction.

The book answers both of those questions.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Think of it like this, you are tasked with stopping a wave from rolling up on to the beach. Or if that doesn't work.... try taking a city the size of NY roughly 10 million people. and say 75% are turned to zombies. How do you expect to stop that many enemies that never sleep, never need to eat and keep moving toward you as long they are able to propel it's self. After you stop 5 zombies, 20 more are attracted to the sounds of the rifle fire.
There was also the fear factor. Waves of unstopable undead coming after anything alive and their only goal is to eat you. No rest, no stops, just on and on and on.

Most people belived it was a virus and thus treatable, or at least the hope of a cure.

It spreads so fast that over half the world's population is a Zack (zombie) in less then a year. At the time of the actual full on Zombie War the human race is on the edge of destruction.

It's everywhere... Zack

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Very cool, though id swap the MP5SD for something else, maybe an AK or a Shotgun. That would fit better imo. Kinda reminds me character from "My name is earl" :D

61 - 80 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.