One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

· Jawa
1,547 Posts
Wow, this book sounds really cool! I saw it in the bookstore a few times but never bothered to pick it up. After hearing some of these stories, I think I will have to read it! Thanks!

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Wow, this book sounds really cool! I saw it in the bookstore a few times but never bothered to pick it up. After hearing some of these stories, I think I will have to read it! Thanks!
I just sold my boss on this book. He just came back from Borders with a copy :shades

I will say I scoffed at this book. I was being a snob thinking if it's a Zombie book it's going to be crap - I couldn't have been more wrong.

· Soldier
903 Posts
A buddy of mine gave it to me and said I had to read it, but I just threw it in the closet thinking it was just another zombie tale, but I guess I'm gonna have to go dig it out to see what all this hype is about :) Yet another reason to spend time away from the wife...MGS4, man dolls and now this.

· sits in a loose parts box
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Nothing from me yet, but i got a long weekend, so ill spend some time with figures and camera tomorrow.

· Diplomacy is Overrated
755 Posts
I'm waiting for a head from ebay to show but I've got a few other things I'm working on in the meantime.
Same here, well I'm waiting for some items not a HS. but I have my bash planned out, I just have to get the last few items and play around with the stuff till I'm happy and satified with the final out come.

· Français par le sang vers
797 Posts
Mine is almost done but not sure why, i just can't get it right..

In short, i hate what i bash and i don't know what i hate

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Here is my crude attempt to make a lobo, basically a piece of solid steel, cut into shape with some way too big tools at work. Im gonna redo the handle, probably glue rope to it to get a paracord handle look.

not sure about the soldier, but i think its more interesting (not really accurate) to have a bit camo instead of just Navy Blue BDUs.

I wonder, maybe the guys who read the book can help me out, why doesnt the military keep using their original weapons? You know stockpiles of M4's, M16's, M14's and so on? And invent the SIR made of wood and metal?
I mean its not like zombies would gradually destroy your weapons?

· MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL
1,259 Posts
Here is my crude attempt to make a lobo, basically a piece of solid steel, cut into shape with some way too big tools at work. Im gonna redo the handle, probably glue rope to it to get a paracord handle look.

not sure about the soldier, but i think its more interesting (not really accurate) to have a bit camo instead of just Navy Blue BDUs.

I wonder, maybe the guys who read the book can help me out, why doesnt the military keep using their original weapons? You know stockpiles of M4's, M16's, M14's and so on? And invent the SIR made of wood and metal?
I mean its not like zombies would gradually destroy your weapons?
I'm still going to use a rifle either way

· Registered
4,420 Posts
The Lobo

Hey Ya'll,

Just as I was getting ready to sack out last night I came up with a grand idea for the LOBO.

Albert Ross' e-tool has a metal folding blade. I'm going to flatten out the sides while still leaving the concave indentation in the center. Then shape and grind the edges. I think this will make a bad ass LOBO.

I have a question on a weapon from the book - Towards the end of the book (sorry, I don't have it with me to reference) a soldier is describing the gear and uniform of the new soldiers fighting the Zombies. He talks about the LOBO, he talks about their navy blue kevlar reinforced uni, and he talks about a rifle with wood furniture. At one point he compares it to an M1 Carbine, and to an M14 (I think), he also mentions it makes a great hand to hand weapon...

Anyhoo... Any of you have an idea of what this thing should look like?

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I picture it more like a M16 just with Wood Furniture (stock, grip and handguard) so i thought i might hack up an AK and a M4 an Combine them somehow.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.