One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Youll find most stuff you need here (The book is set in 2010, retelling earlier events so id say somewhere between 2007-2010) :

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

and i found most info on the web myself, ill start the thread tomorrow with all the necessary info. If anything isnt clear im sure somebody with a hardcopy of the book can help out.
I should have been more clear about what I meant. I wanted to find out when our bashes are due? From what you just wrote I guess all that info will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for all the info too. That will come in handy for sure :cheers

· Registered
4,420 Posts
I bought the book last week. I wanted to read it before doing my bash - Now I'm bummed. I'm bummed the book is over (seriously one of the best reads I've had in years), and I'm bummed because I can't pick just one thing to bash.

The old blind gardener?

A Zulu or Maori taking on a bunch of Zombies

British Royal Guardsman swinging a broadsword

Frenchman in chain male in the tunnels and sewers of Paris

A US soldier once we went on the offensive against the Zombies (an easy kit to make with some bad ass weapons)

Then there is the "dumb ass" on the roller blades with the meat cleaver strapped to his hockey stick.

I've been talking this book up to everyone I meet. Palaboon - Thanks for turning me onto such a good read.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Wow, this book sounds really cool! I saw it in the bookstore a few times but never bothered to pick it up. After hearing some of these stories, I think I will have to read it! Thanks!
I just sold my boss on this book. He just came back from Borders with a copy :shades

I will say I scoffed at this book. I was being a snob thinking if it's a Zombie book it's going to be crap - I couldn't have been more wrong.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
The Lobo

Hey Ya'll,

Just as I was getting ready to sack out last night I came up with a grand idea for the LOBO.

Albert Ross' e-tool has a metal folding blade. I'm going to flatten out the sides while still leaving the concave indentation in the center. Then shape and grind the edges. I think this will make a bad ass LOBO.

I have a question on a weapon from the book - Towards the end of the book (sorry, I don't have it with me to reference) a soldier is describing the gear and uniform of the new soldiers fighting the Zombies. He talks about the LOBO, he talks about their navy blue kevlar reinforced uni, and he talks about a rifle with wood furniture. At one point he compares it to an M1 Carbine, and to an M14 (I think), he also mentions it makes a great hand to hand weapon...

Anyhoo... Any of you have an idea of what this thing should look like?

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Though i still dont know why they cant use existing weapons, i mean come on there must be an explanation in the book.
They sort of do - The weapon needed to be very very durable, incredibly accurate, high rate of fire and carries explosive rounds (I think were called "cherry bombs" or "cherry pops"). The round would explode inside a Zack brain, the eyes of the Zack would glow red for a mili second before all the gray matter came out the ears and nose :devilhnd

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Wasn't there something in there about having to mass produce them quickly and easily as well as having to have a standardized ammunition?

- Guess I'll be doing some re-reading.

Cherry Pies! That's right, not cherry bombs or pops.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Thanks, I couldn't remember the details *puff cough cough hack puff*.

I still think the Vietnam era M14, or even an M1 Carbine would be good base to to start with.

I might be easier to do a Russian - They were using WWII weapons that had been in storage for 60 years... I have quite a few of the PPSH.

· Registered
4,420 Posts
Think of it like this, you are tasked with stopping a wave from rolling up on to the beach. Or if that doesn't work.... try taking a city the size of NY roughly 10 million people. and say 75% are turned to zombies. How do you expect to stop that many enemies that never sleep, never need to eat and keep moving toward you as long they are able to propel it's self. After you stop 5 zombies, 20 more are attracted to the sounds of the rifle fire.
There was also the fear factor. Waves of unstopable undead coming after anything alive and their only goal is to eat you. No rest, no stops, just on and on and on.

Most people belived it was a virus and thus treatable, or at least the hope of a cure.

It spreads so fast that over half the world's population is a Zack (zombie) in less then a year. At the time of the actual full on Zombie War the human race is on the edge of destruction.

It's everywhere... Zack

· Registered
4,420 Posts
I spent about an hour tonight working on getting something that could pass as the SIR together...right now it's cobbled together from the receiver and sights of an HT MP5 coupled with the barrel, stock, and clip of a 21C Thompson...right now, I think it looks pretty good. I would take pics but I can't locate my camera and I don't feel like looking for it now. Pics tomorrow hopefully.
looking forward to seeing that.

I'm going to be in the woods, camping, for the next three days. I'm taking WWZ with me, and my note book. I just read it, but I need a re-fresher. I would really like to do a bash of a soldier in the final days of the Zombie War.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.