One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· sits in a loose parts box
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well, its late/early, i came back from Nightshift, i finished listening to the World War Z Audiobook and thought it might be a good idea for a groupbash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

Alot of guys here like zombies and all around them. So whos up for it? Alot of different bashes possible.

Pre-Total War Soldiers from all around the World.
Army Group North/Center/South Soldiers
Last Men on Earth
Survivors
Zombies
Newsreporter
PMCs?

I can post some descriptions once we gauged the overall interest. Im gonna go to bed now :)

Oh and of course i wanna see some Lobo Designs for the Leathernecks :D (yeah ill describe it later for the people who dont know what that is :D)

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok then, seems like we have enough people interested. How about we start Friday? Ill set up a new thread tomorrow.
I dont think we need real requirements, personally what i would like to be a requirement, at least for the Army Groups after declaration of war would be the SIR (Standard Infantry Rifle) + the Infantry Combat Entrenchment Tool (The Lobotomizer/Lobo, not sure about the official designation) and maybe the Navy Blue (or lets say any other Single Color BDU, maybe a good choice would be the Mouse Grey TS Sets from EBT for some Urban Combat Soldiers?)

Aside from that anything goes. If anybody who read the book would like to help out, a list with all the places would be good, Yonkers, Rocky Mountains is what i remember but the exact names of the incident in germany, japan, china, chile, cuba would help me out alot. Just post them here and ill put it all up in the new thread tomorrow.

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What kind of time line are we looking at? It sounds like a fun project (and a book I'd like to read).
Youll find most stuff you need here (The book is set in 2010, retelling earlier events so id say somewhere between 2007-2010) :

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

and i found most info on the web myself, ill start the thread tomorrow with all the necessary info. If anything isnt clear im sure somebody with a hardcopy of the book can help out.

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh okay. Well since friday would be the starting point, how about a month? gives us the whole june to bash?

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I think we should post WIPs in here, and make a new Thread for the final bashes? Since i have two weeks vacation starting saturday morning 6am i think i can make some photoshop stuff with the final pictures as well.

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Nothing from me yet, but i got a long weekend, so ill spend some time with figures and camera tomorrow.

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Here is my crude attempt to make a lobo, basically a piece of solid steel, cut into shape with some way too big tools at work. Im gonna redo the handle, probably glue rope to it to get a paracord handle look.

not sure about the soldier, but i think its more interesting (not really accurate) to have a bit camo instead of just Navy Blue BDUs.

I wonder, maybe the guys who read the book can help me out, why doesnt the military keep using their original weapons? You know stockpiles of M4's, M16's, M14's and so on? And invent the SIR made of wood and metal?
I mean its not like zombies would gradually destroy your weapons?

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I picture it more like a M16 just with Wood Furniture (stock, grip and handguard) so i thought i might hack up an AK and a M4 an Combine them somehow.

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Though i still dont know why they cant use existing weapons, i mean come on there must be an explanation in the book.

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Not a real bayonett just a Spike, like the Spikebayonett on the Chinese Type 56

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
They sort of do - The weapon needed to be very very durable, incredibly accurate, high rate of fire and carries explosive rounds (I think were called "cherry bombs" or "cherry pops"). The round would explode inside a Zack brain, the eyes of the Zack would glow red for a mili second before all the gray matter came out the ears and nose :devilhnd
Well yeah i remember the Cherry Pies. But wouldnt a M14 would do the trick as well?

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Well i dont see why youd have to make new "current" rifles, there are stockpiles of them made already? Oh well...maybe because they couldnt get to any of the armories or something..

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Very cool, though id swap the MP5SD for something else, maybe an AK or a Shotgun. That would fit better imo. Kinda reminds me character from "My name is earl" :D

7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
20012 not very far off. But.... why need steel melee? For CQB? What wrong with the M4? Why go back to wood and steel rifle? Do the book answer all that? Thanks.
I thought about it once more, and the most logical explanation for me would be that most current weapons have become inaccessible in one way or another, the remaining military bases are under siege so they probably still got their Weapons but have ran out of ammo over the time or maybe just a little bit left, the factories that produced the weapons and standard NATO Ammo are overrun. And a good portion of weapons is laying empty and forgotten at the former Battlegrounds (Yonkers for example) and since the rest of the military and goverment are holed up in the Rocky Mountains they need a quick and easy solution to arm their remaining troops again for a counter offensive. The 5.56 is accurate yes, but a direct hit into the brain is still quite difficult if your under stress (and a undead army of millions is quite scary and might cause stress ;) ) so while they thought up a new and reliable weapon they invented the Cherry Pie at the same time to make Brain Destruction easier (the CP is a incendiary round, pretty much burning the whole inside of the head)

I got my two new Hot Toys True Type Bodies today btw :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.