One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well, its late/early, i came back from Nightshift, i finished listening to the World War Z Audiobook and thought it might be a good idea for a groupbash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

Alot of guys here like zombies and all around them. So whos up for it? Alot of different bashes possible.

Pre-Total War Soldiers from all around the World.
Army Group North/Center/South Soldiers
Last Men on Earth
Survivors
Zombies
Newsreporter
PMCs?

I can post some descriptions once we gauged the overall interest. Im gonna go to bed now :)

Oh and of course i wanna see some Lobo Designs for the Leathernecks :D (yeah ill describe it later for the people who dont know what that is :D)

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Sounds like a great idea... I'm in.

I am interested in the book, but have yet to read it. Where did you grab up the audio version?

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Hey sir eaton flipflop an audio tape can probably be found at your local libary if not there you can always download it :D
Thanks:) - I am very interested in this storyline. Looks like PlanB is as well. Wild that WWZ might end up a feature film with major production backing.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
I had thought that I was hearing Kevin Spacey in the role of Narrator...

Interesting that PlanB and Appian Way were both interested in the rights. I wonder if Pitt will do a cameo as a zombie ( good way to use that extra Trident sculpt ):lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh yes!! As it happens a while ago after reading the book I started a couple of bashes based on it.... one based on the Paris tunnels section and one based on a British Windsor castle defender... never got round to finishing them but this might encourage me to finish them!!
Good idea!!

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Now i must go get the book, by the way, is there any pictures or graphics in the book to depict how the defenders/soldiers are equipped or its a totally up to imagination bash?

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Lol who's gonna be the first to make the e-tool zombie hacker?

I think there are some basic descriptions of the survivors/un-infected fighters, but you can pretty much build them anyway you like, IMHO. Least I plan to :D

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I would loved it if i could build it upon my own imagination, i always wanted to build a unconventional sci-fi stuff... :)

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
The PMC guy who ends up in Africa is a good idea, the guy who talks in loving detail about his new scope.
I think Henry Rollins provided his voice in the audio book, which is awesome.

J. Michael Straczynski’s written a screenplay for Brad Pitt's Plan B company, I read a bit of the draft and it's mental, featuring a beach scene that would take a very brave filmmaker to shoot.

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok then, seems like we have enough people interested. How about we start Friday? Ill set up a new thread tomorrow.
I dont think we need real requirements, personally what i would like to be a requirement, at least for the Army Groups after declaration of war would be the SIR (Standard Infantry Rifle) + the Infantry Combat Entrenchment Tool (The Lobotomizer/Lobo, not sure about the official designation) and maybe the Navy Blue (or lets say any other Single Color BDU, maybe a good choice would be the Mouse Grey TS Sets from EBT for some Urban Combat Soldiers?)

Aside from that anything goes. If anybody who read the book would like to help out, a list with all the places would be good, Yonkers, Rocky Mountains is what i remember but the exact names of the incident in germany, japan, china, chile, cuba would help me out alot. Just post them here and ill put it all up in the new thread tomorrow.

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What kind of time line are we looking at? It sounds like a fun project (and a book I'd like to read).
Youll find most stuff you need here (The book is set in 2010, retelling earlier events so id say somewhere between 2007-2010) :

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

and i found most info on the web myself, ill start the thread tomorrow with all the necessary info. If anything isnt clear im sure somebody with a hardcopy of the book can help out.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Youll find most stuff you need here (The book is set in 2010, retelling earlier events so id say somewhere between 2007-2010) :

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/worldwarz/

and i found most info on the web myself, ill start the thread tomorrow with all the necessary info. If anything isnt clear im sure somebody with a hardcopy of the book can help out.
I should have been more clear about what I meant. I wanted to find out when our bashes are due? From what you just wrote I guess all that info will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for all the info too. That will come in handy for sure :cheers

1 - 20 of 96 Posts