One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm trying to make a custom with the Sideshow DEAD ornament, the ornament features a 1:6 scale zombie head and hand sculpt.

got the hand off no problem, nice and clean. But the head... major problems.

It's made of resin, so when I was trying to pry it off the ornament, i chipped the back of the neck a little bit. dag. But what's harder is I'm trying to attach the head to a body, and i'm not sure how to get this out:

i can't attach the head unless i can get that kipple gunk out of the head cavity!!!

first i was going to dremel it out but i think resin is too fragile for that.
then I tried cutting it out with my Xacto set. nope.
then I tried melting the hot glue with a candle, hense the black marks... hopefully I can find a shirt with a high neck, like a turtleneck...

I have a humble hobby setup and a Dremel tool with tons of attachments.

any help or advice is welcome as i'm in a tight spot!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get thee down to yon hardware store and purchase a set of rotary rasps. I've seen them on sale at Harbor Freight for a couple bucks sometimes (set of 5).

These are various shaped toothed grinding/chomping tools mounted on shanks for chucking in a drill.

For this job, I recommend the sphere. That's what I use to hog out the HS I make and cast for mounting on neckposts. A bit of hotglue in the cavity and push it on.

You might be tempted to use the round-ended cylinder rotary rasp, but this one has a chance of accidentally dinging the sides of the hole. The sphere is easier to control if you need to tilt it in the cavity.

Careful. These all have a tendency to really bite and dig in. Could rip the tool right out of your hand. Go slow and easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.