One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used an LED here. I am going to have this light on one of my new VBSS guys.

I did not want to overcrowd the helmet, so I opted for the MOLLE/PALS variant so that I could use the light on the vests or plate carriers.

Thanks for looking. Any and all questions and or comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards, Mike

Latest pics:

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Re: Working SureFire Hl1-D-TN MOLLE variant Helmet Light

Very nice, most especially since the part is so small.

Beautiful work.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

Freakin AWESOME Mike!! Looks extremely difficult and meticulous, your always doing cutting-edge concepts and this is no exception!!:thumb:thumb:shades

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts

Amazing work man yet I fail to see the practical use for this. Those lights are barely visible in the photos, let alone in 1/1 I presume.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

wow that must be a real tiny LED
Thank you very much my friend :)

Looks good brotha. Looking forward to the VBSS crew.

Nice to see you get back into project after some really long family-related hiatus. Great kitty friend of yours btw, Mike. :D

This has been a nice way to have a little something to keep my creative juices flowing. As things continue on with mom's chemo, I will take little breaks here and there to finish the VBSS guys.

That cat is a good pal of mine to be sure :)

Very nice, most especially since the part is so small.

Beautiful work.

Mad skills!
Freakin AWESOME Mike!! Looks extremely difficult and meticulous, your always doing cutting-edge concepts and this is no exception!!:thumb:thumb:shades

Amazing work man yet I fail to see the practical use for this. Those lights are barely visible in the photos, let alone in 1/1 I presume.

The battery ( years old and drains in about five minutes ) may be largely to blame for the low light - that and the fact that this is a 1/6 scale piece. Any light when scaled down will emit less lumens or candela. In scale the amount of light is just about spot on. Were it brighter then the equivalent in 1/1 would be blinding. I have done a bit of study on lumens and candela. In person the light - especially with a new battery ( which I now have and will include with new pics ) is quite visible.

As for practicality - what do they say about wanting to accomplish a challenging puzzle? It may not seem practical, but I wanted to see if I could do this in 1/6 - a big challenge from may aspects. And I did. My whole approach to 1/6 has been informed by this notion. If you can think it up - then see if you can make it a reality. That is what propels me.

Craziness Michael... :D

You never cease to truly amaze me Mike. You have seriously done some of the most stunning 1:6 projects I have ever seen from anyone.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts

Very nice work, Mike. You must have the hands of a surgeon, my friend. I look forward to seeing some more pics of how you did it.

·
Registered
17 Posts

You could also try seating tritium rods in the helmet light body.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Very nice work, Mike. You must have the hands of a surgeon, my friend. I look forward to seeing some more pics of how you did it.
Thank you very much my friend:)

You could also try seating tritium rods in the helmet light body.

Good call - those do hold a lot of luminesce for a long period of time.

Another high vis element is the acrylic rod fashion from fluorescent material. My old compound bow sights had thin fluorescent acrylic elements for the different detents - loved that set up. I was still a terrible shot - but hey, my sights were good if my aim was not :lol

Awesome!!!

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New pics. The Sidewinder will go with VBSS number 2. I like this light as it is an ultraviolet ( UV ) LED. It is keen at making things fluoresce :)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Miniature madness, I think the brightness may be better to the naked eye. LEDs just keep getting better and better.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.