One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
One Sixth Junkie
Modern Military mostly
6,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this is the 3rd to 5th time that a person has been hostile towards the wording on my ebay auctions.

All the people who have criticize me have not sold one item on ebay! Man...I want to tell them off, but the mild manner side of me takes over and I calmly and respectfully tell them the story about the words I used, even though they HAVE NOT SOLD A THING ON EBAY!

It is easier to "sell a similar item" and rewrite the main description. Am I right? So I left what I wrote several years ago, I think 2 years, or 3 years ago? And I forgot all about it. The words I wrote were, "I can end the bidding early if I choose!" Which is kinda mute because the auction was "Buy it Now." How can I end the bidding if the person "Buys it now?" Now I wrote those words to encourage watchers to bid on an item rather than relisting that item when the bidding ends and there are no bidders. But all this changed with ebay's new rule of ending bids early. But I left it up on my site because it was a hassle to change all my auctions.

So, my question to you is, have you ever been criticized for the wording on ebay?

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
Now this is the 3rd to 5th time that a person has been hostile towards the wording on my ebay auctions.

All the people who have criticize me have not sold one item on ebay! Man...I want to tell them off, but the mild manner side of me takes over and I calmly and respectfully tell them the story about the words I used, even though they HAVE NOT SOLD A THING ON EBAY!

It is easier to "sell a similar item" and rewrite the main description. Am I right? So I left what I wrote several years ago, I think 2 years, or 3 years ago? And I forgot all about it. The words I wrote were, "I can end the bidding early if I choose!" Which is kinda mute because the auction was "Buy it Now." How can I end the bidding if the person "Buys it now?" Now I wrote those words to encourage watchers to bid on an item rather than relisting that item when the bidding ends and there are no bidders. But all this changed with ebay's new rule of ending bids early. But I left it up on my site because it was a hassle to change all my auctions.

So, my question to you is, have you ever been criticized for the wording on ebay?
--

Back in the day when I was an active seller on eBay, no.

However, I do see many sellers using poor choice of words in auction descriptions, terms, etc. more so nowadays resulting in poor clarity & doubt.

3,824 Posts
Yes just recently I made a thread because I received some negative feedback but after working it out it was changed. Some people are ding bats he criticized me for lack of photos and bad description when I sold shoes and I took photos of tops and bottoms and in listing it says the toes were worn out. Some people can't be satisfied and you'll get your fair share on eBay.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Life is full of people who criticize you, even though they have not done or experienced the issue they're criticizing you for........you're probably better off getting over that, or you'll drive yourself crazy......and don't worry, I have experienced this myself.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.