One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm often asked which uniforms from which manufacturer are the most accurate. I decided I'd finally just take some pictures for comparison after a member recently started asking about it. Soldier Story and MC Toys are by far the best. Often people ask if Soldier Story or MC Toys is better and the answer is both. Both the patterns and the colors used are great reproductions. Obviously there are always color variations in any camouflage.

SS Left/MC Toys Right:

SS Left/MC Toys Right:

1:1 Examples

As you can see, both patterns are great representations and both color patterns are correct!

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Thanks for sharing Matt, always useful to know such things.

Come to think of it, MARPAT is my favorite pattern and the irony of it is because of the kitbashes I did or plan on doing, I do not have even one set of the 1/6 version. Got to change this soon :think

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Right from the horse's mouth, that's worth its weight in gold. Thanks, Matthew.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
IMHO, color variation can be matched via appropriate weathering.
Or lack thereof. Clothing items that are damaged tend to get replaced as needed, which might give you a guy with brand new clean pants but an unbelievably dirty jacket.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Buying Camouflaged Marine Uniforms over the years has always been a chore. Trying to match trousers to blouses is sometimes impossible. Different dye and material lots can cause issues. The Marine Corps actually posted something on the difficulty of matching desert tops and bottoms recently and they were trying to fix the problem. A trip to Cash Sales will quickly convince you of the wide ranging color differences.

I now teach Marine Corps JROTC and have around 200 sets of woodland MARPAT uniforms in supply and even the kids hate it when they don't have matching uniforms. Sometimes it just cannot be helped.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Great to see this, thanks, Matt!
Buying Camouflaged Marine Uniforms over the years has always been a chore. Trying to match trousers to blouses is sometimes impossible. Different dye and material lots can cause issues. The Marine Corps actually posted something on the difficulty of matching desert tops and bottoms recently and they were trying to fix the problem. A trip to Cash Sales will quickly convince you of the wide ranging color differences.

I now teach Marine Corps JROTC and have around 200 sets of woodland MARPAT uniforms in supply and even the kids hate it when they don't have matching uniforms. Sometimes it just cannot be helped.
I know this feeling. My NWU blouse and pants are made by different sub-contractors. Consequently, the gray on my pants is a blue-gray while the blouse's is a washed out gray-green.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts