One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since I started a good old WIP thread so I thought I'd make one for a project I've been wanting to do for years. I've always loved the look of the resistance fighters in Terminator 1 and 2 - that retrofuturistic 80's look with MA-1 jackets, overalls and other OD and surplus stuff. As the "Kyle Reese" figure is not cheap to say the least I've been searching the net for other stuff. And when it comes to weapons I'm going with the Chinese QBZ-95 assault rifle as I feel it really fits in to the universe, at least when it comes to appearance! I found some Valmets as used in the first movie online, but they're to expensive IMO.

Anyway here are some photos of the project so far(it's going to consist of two resistance fighters making their way through the ruins of LA in the 2020's)

I'm using a BBi pilot overall for the first fighter, the second one is going to wear a bomber jacket with OD pants.

Nametape based on the ones used in the first movie

For the cap I'm using the Soldier Story Korea war one, it took a lot of work to remove the fur flaps but in the end it turned out pretty good

Some of the gear, repainted and or/weathered

DML HS before and after

That's all for now, thanks for looking - stay tuned for more!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Great figure, and most excellent work on that sculpt. The eyes particularly show exhaustion and bitter determination. No slam on camo, but OD still rocks.

·
Registered
950 Posts
This is really inspired kitbashing. So far everything looks fantastic. The paint on the headsculpt is first rate and those eyes are something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts