One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

[WIP] Leather holsters for Starr mod. 1863, Lefaucheux mod. 1858 & Paterson 1836

19th Cent. (Old West, ACW, Colonial Wars) 
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sherman1 
#1 · (Edited)
[WIP] Leather holsters for Starr mod. 1863, Lefaucheux mod. 1858 & Paterson 1836

Hi Everybody,

my latest works with leather, just done today, still WIP.

these are holsters for Civil war and Far West era revolvers!

these revolvers have be done in 3D, by myself too.
just a click on the pic & you get a bigger picture!

like always comments are welcome!

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: [WIP] Leather holsters for Starr mod. 1863, Lefaucheux mod. 1858 & Paterson

Nice items You have there. I would like to know more of the leather You use. Thickness and witch kind of leather?
I have made some holsters too but haven`t find satisfying leather so far. Thanks!

masa

#5 ·
Re: [WIP] Leather holsters for Starr mod. 1863, Lefaucheux mod. 1858 & Paterson

Nice items You have there. I would like to know more of the leather You use. Thickness and witch kind of leather?
I have made some holsters too but haven`t find satisfying leather so far. Thanks!

masa
Hi,

sorry for the delay... so I use a leather who wouldn't receive a chemical treatment, like leather use for clothes or furniture, so forget old couch leather or jacket (the leather is from buffalo, with vegetal treatment)! about the thickness, I use metric system, so 3/10 5/10 and 7/10 are the common thickness i use! hope than this answer to your asking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.