One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my longest planned customs has been a set of customs from John Carpenters: THE THING: an RJ MacCready (Kurt Russell), Childs (Keith David), and a custom THING creature of my own (not from the movie, but my own nightmare).

Though I've had an outfit assembled for a while, there were no good Kurt sculpts out there, so the project languished, but for once my procrastination has paid off, athanks to Hot Toys PMC Military Contractor '07.

Though there was fan disagreement whether it looked more like Kurt from the THING or Jeff Bridges as the "DUDE", I thought it was definitely Kurt. Once movie accurate hair was sculpted on him, I think the likeness was really brought out even more. This is just a WIP:

The head is on the original Hot Toys body, and his right hand broke almost immediately. HT hands really stink! :mad

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can't wait to see more- my wife just got this movie th other day, its amazing! 30 years old, living in the NYC area (in the 80s THE THING was on CONSTANT repeat on our local Channel Of The Gods, WPIX Ch. 11) and i had never seen this film. I'm ashamed of myself!

Though there was fan disagreement whether it looked more like Kurt from the THING or Jeff Bridges as the "DUDE", I thought it was definitely Kurt.
of course its Kurt from THE THING.
no offense, but how could anyone think that the PMC was Lebowski? The DUDE has a Goatee, not a huge beard. Those 12-inch Lebowski figures getting canned was a huge disapointment for me!

·
GETCHA PULL!!!
809 Posts
Killer Kurt Russell! Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Man, do I love that movie!! Need to get it on DVD as my 20 year old VHS is about stretched to the max :b

·
Head in the clouds...
1,457 Posts
Looking great so far. How are you going to recreate the huge hat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts