One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

WIP Isaac Clarke 1:6th custom figure (Dead Space)

9K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  Wild Geese 
#1 ·
I've started working on a 1:6th Isaac.
He's in the VERY early stages and probably won't be done for some time though the Plasma Cutter is very nearly finished.
It WILL swivel but right now it's just taped together for the pics.

I've finished with the Cutter for the night. I'll try to finish the build up tomorrow so I can start painting it.
As it stands, the front end is essentially finished and it swivels.

I still have a lot of work to do on the Plasma Cutter and I've barely started Isaac but I'll get there eventually.
this is all from last night, the next post has tonight's progress.

See less See more
#8 ·
My favorite character in a 1/6 form... I'm going to be following this thread...

The gun looks great! Just wondering which armor you're gonna be building? (Wishing for the level 3 RIG).
Once I get the pattern finished and the fabric sewn up, your wish is what I have planned.
It will indeed be based on the level 3 rig.

#17 ·
Alright.. day two of my weekend (I work Wednesday-Saturday, 10 hour days). I have the helmet nearly finished and I've figured out HOW I'm going to do the bodysuit though I haven't started it yet.

I've figured out most of what I'm going to do for his rig, the materials I'm going to use for the suit, and I'm working out the armor.
The next step will be making his bodysuit. I plan to attach the gloves to the sleeves though I may wait on that until the armor is applied to it.

#22 ·
Thank you, I'm looking into adding lights. I'll see what I can do.
For now, a few more pics to update where I am for the night and then I'm off to bed.
I made a removable neck seal.

and added a frosted visor (?) to the helmet

I'm looking through my LEDs to see if I have any that will fit in the helmet.. so far, I have a few yellow ones and I MAY have a blue one.
I'd prefer white but blue will do if I can find them and if I can get it to work.

#28 ·
It's cool, and you're right. I wanted it to be removable so I upscaled it a tiny bit. Hopefully, once the suit is done and the armor/rig are applied, it will be less noticeable.

what is the helmet made out of ?
The top of the helmet is from the upper section of a McFarlane Halo helmet (EOD I think) that I hollowed out so the head would fit.
The rest is mostly thin sheet plastic and superglue. Specifically, I used sheet styrene and a used PSN card for the plastic.
The wire going around from one side to the other IS a wire.
The raised section around the bottom (in the back) is part of an old "aliens" chaingun bullet strip that I trimmed to fit.

The frosted visor is this make your own stencil material that I originally bought at Wal-Mart for another project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.