One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having made a smallish generic SF display base for figures, I decided to try a bigger one.
Like the previous one it has PVC board walls, textured plasticard floor and has the walls 'detailed' with plastic bits n bobs.

The photos below show it in it's current state, having just had the base colours added: black, light grey and copper. I need to add some more detail, do some detail painting and weathering, add signage and matt everything down.
Dr McCoy is in there for scale :D

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg
d5.jpg
d6.jpg

The original base can be seen through the open doorway and acts as a corridor. There is a door which will be attached with magnets if I want an enclosed room look.

Like I said, a fair bit to do yet...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that... really appreciate the kind words.
It's amazing what you learn from those restoration programmes on TV these days... spraying wet on wet helps too, helps the colours to fade into each other more easily.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Oh, heck yeah!
I love it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Oh man, such an awesome set! I love how the doorway really feels like it just leads into the rest of a ship, and adds so much depth and interest to the display. And agree with all here, the metallic effect is top notch. Great work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts