One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another project on the go. This time it is a typical looking Dragonborn from Skyrim. Saw the gaming heads statue a while back and thought I would love my own display. While the game isn't particularly a favorite, I did enjoy it and love the style of costumes etc. Might have ignited a bit of fantasy kitbashing in me. Let me know what you think so far. Still lots to go.

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts
Re: WIP 1/6 Dragonborn - Skyrim

This rocks!:hifive

Interested to see how you're going to tackle the helmet and weapons. All the soft goods stuff looks great so far though! Keep it up!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I will be interested to see how I do the rest as well. Kind of winging it. I just go along with it when I make stuff. So far this has taken maybe 3 hours as I just got it in my head to do it.

Will be going with the traditional horned helmet, so need to decide if I make a sculpt with the helmet on, or make it seperately. I feel that the helmet is going to be the hardest part, so it comes last :p

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts

Back when I was getting ready to attempt this figure my plan was to sculpt the helmet on to this sculpt

Figured hes got a good Fus Ro Dah face :lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well that sculpt is perfect... damn. I wanted to have an open mouth, as I am working on a dio with a snowy mountain cap and a dragons tail swirling around it, so that sculpt would be perfect like he is about to leap into battle. Is it a rare one to find?

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts

Excellent work! :D I particularly like the studs!
My Skyrim fig is more of an interpretation of my Dragonborn character, in fact I haven't tried to reproduce any of the armour or weapons from the game as I use mostly modded gear. XD

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Excellent work! :D I particularly like the studs!
My Skyrim fig is more of an interpretation of my Dragonborn character, in fact I haven't tried to reproduce any of the armour or weapons from the game as I use mostly modded gear. XD
Originally I was going to make a custom figure, but I started so many characters that I couldn't decide. I think the one I actually played through was a terrible looking female creature of some sort and the armor was a bad match up because I just went for stats haha. Your idea is far more original.

This one I am not copying completely as I had originally planned, as some of the details on my ref pics are too specific, so will add my own touches. The sword for instance is one I found and just seemed perfect for the theme, even though it isn't correct. It is actually a $5 metal letter opener.

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts

Well that sculpt is perfect... damn. I wanted to have an open mouth, as I am working on a dio with a snowy mountain cap and a dragons tail swirling around it, so that sculpt would be perfect like he is about to leap into battle. Is it a rare one to find?
It wasn't for a while, but seems it isn't on ebay really... Its from both the Soldier story china expo CCT or Soldier Story German Wiking ww2 figure.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for that, will keep my eyes out for it. Hopefully it will turn up at a reasonable price otherwise I will have to try sculpting my own :/

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts

Originally I was going to make a custom figure, but I started so many characters that I couldn't decide. I think the one I actually played through was a terrible looking female creature of some sort and the armor was a bad match up because I just went for stats haha. Your idea is far more original.
Heh, I tend to choose armour/weapons/clothing purely on aesthetics as after completing most of the game on one 600hr + playthrough on the ps3 (I know, I know, I'm obsessed. XD) I bought the PC version so I could mod the hell out of it. I've also got into the habit of playing with god mode on because my computer is awful and crashes the game at least twice every time I play it so I'd rather keep deaths to a minimum so I get more time to actually play the game. XD

·
Registered
407 Posts

Looking very cool so far. Can't wait to see more.

What did you use for the metal studs if I may ask?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Looking very cool so far. Can't wait to see more.

What did you use for the metal studs if I may ask?
Thanks :) for the larger round ones, I used push pins called Brads. They are about 4-5mm in diameter and have 2 pins that fold out either side at the back. Just pushed them through and folded them open and glued to keep in place. For the smaller metal studs on the shoulder strap and circular piece on the chest I used sewing pins with heads, pushed them through then cut the end off at the other side.

Another update. Using Dastan's head for now, so he doesn't look as headless. Sculpted a shield, and 2 bronze plates for the belt and chest armor. Just carved some simple designs into it to give it a bit of shape, and made the shield look damaged.

Still planning to give the guy an axe, bow and quiver, as well as some potion bottles and other tidbits hanging off the belt.

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts

Amazing the difference a bit of blood on the blade makes!

·
Business Dog Workshop
127 Posts

Wow!

Daar inhus los brit, dovahkiin. This is some epic work right here! Can't wait to see it finished. Balaan kaal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Very small update. Made an axe from scratch. I actually like him with the axe more than the sword.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts