One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
winsoncreations APEXPLORERS Tough X Adam (reg. version)

I just received the APEXPLORERS Tough X Adam figure from the Hot Toys/ Winsoncreations crossover line. It is truly wonderful.

These figures are becoming easy favorites of mine. I love the original theme. The attention to detail is amazing. The accessories are all very well made and look great. Overall these are incredible pieces of creative design and true works of art.

I'll be looking forward to more releases from designers like Winson Ma, Brothersfree/ Brothersworker, Kennyswork, and Eric So. I'll post some pics when I get the chance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I received this wonderful figure a few days ago. I am in complete awe. This is such an incredible creation from Winson Ma. Everything about it screams cool. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Adam also comes with real metal snow shoes (seen next to the flagpole) with working bindings. There's a bad-ass looking gas mask with red lenses as well. Again, a true work of art from an amazing designer. His 1:6 scale figures are now a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah this piece is really amazing, with the amount of detail in the figure, clothing and accessories that came with it.

I had to pass on them last time cause really had too much other HT products coming in.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Okay. Here's the scoop for those who don't know. Try to follow.

Once upon a time an amazing line of figures was presented to the world in the form of Brothersfree. These figures were created by a collaboration of three artists/ designers from Hong Kong. One guy was Winson Ma. Another was Kenny Wong. And yet another was William Tsang (if I'm not mistaken).

Anyway... Winson Ma went on to form his solo line Winsoncreations, and made the Apexplorers figures. Kenny wong went on to form Kennyswork and made the Copperhead 18 series (those "diver guys" doomhammer was referring to) and Dr. Cube, ect. I believe William Tsang is still active with Brothersfree.

Follow?

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Okay. Here's the scoop for those who don't know. Try to follow.

Once upon a time an amazing line of figures was presented to the world in the form of Brothersfree. These figures were created by a collaboration of three artists/ designers from Hong Kong. One guy was Winson Ma. Another was Kenny Wong. And yet another was William Tsang (if I'm not mistaken).

Anyway... Winson Ma went on to form his solo line Winsoncreations, and made the Apexplorers figures. Kenny wong went on to form Kennyswork and made the Copperhead 18 series (those "diver guys" doomhammer was referring to) and Dr. Cube, ect. I believe William Tsang is still active with Brothersfree.

Follow?
Thanks for talking slow...:loony

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The stuff these outer-rim creations include, leaves most regular onesix collectors with a fair amount of envy. Beautiful details abound.

That said, I refuse to follow....

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
i have the 'apexplorer' arctic ape..err...thing.not into apes but the gear is first rate bling.i am really liking this one.the last one with the fur lined wetsuit and rocket propelled pineaple i passed on.but this one is massively cool.too bad i'm so broke i have bums tossing me dimes.you orrible lucky man you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love these figures. I'm sooo tired of the military themed stuff. No offense to anyone. There are some amazing customs out there for sure. I'm just wanting something fresh and new. I want to see a figure and be amazed.

When I started this hobby back in Japan (99'-00' time frame) I was way into military themed figures (I'm active US Navy). My first 1/6 figure was the BBI Navy SEAL guy with the moving mouth! I purchased many more over the years. However, I sold em' all and never looked back.

I purchased two of the SS CIA SAD figures for later sale on evil-Bay. They were very cool and I knew they would be in demand later on down the road. That is the only exception to the rule for me in years.

Now I stick to sci-fi/ fantasy/ urban design/ limited run type stuff. The new Seven figure coming soon from Brothersworker for example. I'm preordering two. Keeping one and selling the other later on evil-Bay!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts