One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
itchyrider
137 Posts
"The Day The Earth Stood Still", wow! what a great movie. I remember seeing it on Prime time T-V back in the early 60s and being scared to watch as a kid. That is an excellent head sculpt of the actor, Michele Rennie and looks just like him. I just saw that they are remaking the 1951 movie, wow! how bout that.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gort is 16 inches tall!
Interesting to see what the designs will be like for the new movie with Keanu Reeves.
A Gort with todays CGI could be very cool.

·
Registered
908 Posts
One of my favorite movies.I was amazed when I got the DVD,there were little bits I had never seen on TV.Likely cut to make it fit into a time slot.They cleaned it up beautifully.Well worth buying if you like the movie.Be interesting to see the remake of what I consider a classic.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Man, Spartan, Amoktime owes you a little thanks: based on your post I went right over and ordered a couple of sets. For me the ultimate robot is Gort, and while the sculpt looks a little stylized from the film version, it still looks great. Oddly enough I was getting ready to scratch-build my own Gort, and now Amok has saved me a quite a little time. I hope the new movie follows the concept of the original book, "Farewell To The Master", wherein the robots are actually the "head of the household" so to speak. Anyways, many thanks for the heads up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.