One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Is this Alex Ross' work, or just inspired by his style?

Jackie Earle Haley plays Rorschach in The Watchmen. I didn't think I'd hear that name again, maybe this is the payoff for all those years of child-acting.

The Comedian looks like a natural for a bash.......

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
OK, another "accu-nazi" issue...that 79 looks like it has an under-sized breech/stock area. Think maybe it's been converted to 37mm for movie rounds?

·
Lost Customizer
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think the art was inspired by Alex Ross' work, PD, but it does have that imposing, 'iconic' feel to it that Ross seemed to always capture.

I think the Comedian looks great. Not familiar with the actor, and I definitely couldn't comment on the accuracy of the gun - LOL. The whole team looks pretty bashable, and that would be a fun project for sure. These actors look very fit though, it's been a while since I read the comic (what, 20 years or so?) and I wonder if we will see them in their 'past their prime' appearances. I would love to score a nice premium HC of the book at a decent price to refresh my memory before the flick comes out. I still got the original floppy issues boxed up somewhere, but I don't want to take them out, in case they're worth something.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the Comedians rifle/gun is meant to fire rubber bullets, at least that is what he used in the comic, so I don't know if it is meant to be the grenade launcher that it looks like, or even if the 79 can fire rubber bullets. He used the rifle during the riots before all of the masked heroes were forced to retire and he stayed on working for the government.
Also that photo of the Judo masters Martial arts studio looks to be straight out of the GI Joe comic and was a martial arts studio used by Storm Shadow, although I doubt very much if it has anything to do with the GI Joe film.
Anyway it good to see that the people making Watchmen are taking it seriously.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
I don't know, that poster reminds me of the scene in Fight Club with the smiley face on the building with burning eyes. :D

·
Lost Customizer
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know, that poster reminds me of the scene in Fight Club with the smiley face on the building with burning eyes. :D
Really? I don't even remember that. Maybe because I haven't seen Fight Club in almost 10 years. I loved that flick too, but that doesn't take anything away from me liking this poster. I like how the burning debris is still floating in the air - it's better than a bar of soap. :p

Hey WM, that poster is very cool too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.