One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Montenegro
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have a headsculpt I bought in China that has two minor scratches that have damaged the painting work in the hair area. I have repainted those small areas with acrylic paint and I would like to apply to the head some spray varnish to protect all the paint of the head, ( being it so prone to be damaged). Which brand would you recommend, Vallejo Acrylics…? And as i want to apply it to the face too, would it have to be mat or semi-gloss/satin varnish? I guess the eyes must be full gloss, isn´t it?
Regards

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Cover the eyes with some Blu-Tac or similar putty which can be easily removed once the clear coat has dried and then use Testors Dullcote or a similar matt spray meant for scale modeling such as Gunze, Polly Scale or Humbrol. Don't go the less expensive route and try one of the large cans of matt spray found in the rattle can paint department. Those usually give a surface coat that is much too rough to be useable. Whatever you do, don't apply the matt coat on a rainy day or when there's lots of humidity in the air or the clear cote will fog giving a frosty appearance to the surface. If that does happen you can usually fix it with an additional coat applied when weather conditions are more favorable. Should you spray over an area that needs to be glossy you can usually polish that area a bit with a soft cotton cloth or something like a Q-tip for small areas to restore the shine. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts