One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since wsso had a functioning front page, i had hoped it was only a site update, but sadly they have decided to close up. Another retailer bites the dust.
I have ordered from them in the past and will be sorely missed and have been reasured all customers with po's have been emailed and refunded.

Best wishes to the team. Sorry to see you go

:(

(if this is already announced please merge or delete thanks)

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Damn, they are really nice people.
Is their shop closing too or just the website?

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
I'd been speaking with them recently about this, and was waiting for permission before I published it on my pages but as someone else has spoken out, I will too add my well wishes for the future.

The other day I posted a thread on OSR Facebook page (which recieved well over 100 comments) about supporting local retailers instead of purchasing and importing overseas, and I'm saddened to confirm that this was one of the reasons to the closure of WSS, a demise in sales due to the upwards trend of people importing direct from China / HK / eBay.

My advice is simply this, 'use them, or lose them' and trust me, you'll miss them when they're gone.

Thank you to all at WSS to the service you gave to the UK collecting community, you will be sorely missed.

Steve.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I'm not in the UK, but heed these words:

My advice is simply this, 'use them, or lose them' and trust me, you'll miss them when they're gone..
Any retailer going down the tubes due to direct imports has impact on your economy.

Take a look around on your next trip to the grocery store. See any empty storefronts?

My condolences to those directly impacted.

·
Registered
909 Posts
It is sad news but the unfortunate truth. Many times over the past few months I thought about closing my business altogether due to lack of sales and interest. I still have it running but barely and many of my friends who also run a business selling 1/6th scale express the same thoughts and concerns myself. Just the nature of the business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts