·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanna know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I post some pics of things that I am working on to get feedback or am proud of. When it comes to my figures, I haven't really gotten to the point to where I am happy enough with one to post it. I am usually one or two pieces away (such as a MICH helmet here or a proper M4 there). Plus, it easy to get intimidated, when you are a newbie like myself, and you see the wonderful figures of experienced guys like yourself posted.

Also, many of my figures are just straight from the box, so most people have seen em before or have one themselves.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK mr smarty pants,I will drink your milkshake!!

I do it because I like to bring life to the board.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I don't post nearly as much as I should because of how I prioritize my time. My job requires that I travel a bit, so I try to make up for time away with my kids on the weekend. I also like to work out and read the occasional book so I balance that against 1/6th time. What 1/6th time I do have I usually use to work on stuff instead of photograph what I already finished. Could I manage my time better? Probably. Will I post my stuff eventually? Sure. Probably much sooner than later. But that's another thread. Stay tuned ...

·
Registered
180 Posts
well about 80%of the things i bash dont get posted, the 20% that do,I think that I am pleased with the outcome of them and would like to get a good, or bad, feedback form them. And since I dont bash alot I rarley post my creations

·
Action Fuger!
3,186 Posts
Heh...milkshake.

Fair enough.

And to answer your question, I post pics because I personally only know a couple people who would appreciate figures like this. So, I post here to share with others, and get some discussion going.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
I post pics to share with fellow enthusiasts who appreciate what we do with our money, time, and what have you in this hobby. I also post pics hopefully to give people ideas at the least and hopefully inspire others, and in turn hopefully they will be motivated to kitbash their own figures and share to others, and hopefully inspire others. Sometimes, i get inspired back with their work, then i re-create, and then share, and hopefully give others ideas, and then maybe inspire more people....and so on and so forth...for me its like a cycle where members share ideas and inspire others. In additon, i also post pics to gain more knowledge, skills, techniques of people's feedback and appreciation, which in turn would help me improve on kitbashing, which will then result in more sharing of ideas and inspiration.

Did I mention sharing of ideas and inspiration?

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
I posted because you guys are the only people who don't think I am a major league dork for spending time and money, wearing reading glasses under bright desk lamps and cussing while fighting with tweezers, all in order to make a toy look exactly the way I want it to......

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Even though this is a very accepting and generous group I don't want to waist my time our yours by posting every little thing I'm working on. I've posted only one completed project and about 5 WIPS. I made a promise to myself not to post any more project pictures until I've finished a WIP.

I am also feeling a bit of put up or shut up myself. I feel that I've been chiming in on folks threads with a lot of comments like "I've been working on something like that myself..." or "I had that idea too..." or "that's really cool but what I would do is..." I feel like I'm running my mouth (or fingers) but not backing up what I say.

That being said I hope to be posting pictures in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I post to share something I am proud of and want to get feedback, and maybe start a discussion on the subject. most of all ~ I post because I was inspired by all the amazing bash people are doing here in this forum. Someone just told me he was inspired by my 21C r/c humvee built that I 'm doing, and so he going to bash one too. That's was great!. Someone inspired me, and I inspired someone else. And someone will inspired by him too, and so on and on.... Touch-up on a out of box or total custom ~ I enjoy seeing both just the same. Everybody doing thing different. We all can learn something from each other. I think this is what this forum is all about. To help each of us grow in the hobby no matter what level you are in, newbie or old hand. So, that's why I post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not awesome coolio enough to bring life to the board as a 1/6 demi-god, but I like to share nonetheless.

What's the point of opening an account if it's just to lurk and not play? That always seemed pretty rude and pointless to me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just for enjoyment and sharing and get feedback, especially when feedback can help me improve the figure or learn new info. Its almost like when you watch a cool movie, you want to tell friends about it. Just that in this case, its actually your own creation...sort of.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
What's the point of opening an account if it's just to lurk and not play? That always seemed pretty rude and pointless to me.
IMHO, not necesarily. A friend of mine lurks and just surfs the board, to see what's new. He has a website where he posts his pics. He must have like 20 some posts back in 2003, ever since he just logs in every now and then to view new products and bashes, to get ideas for bashes, etc etc. I don't see how that is pointless though, and he is nowhere rude to say the least.

I guess it can be possilbe on a case by case basis, not necessarily in general.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not awesome coolio enough to bring life to the board as a 1/6 demi-god
Wow,from Scumbag to Demi-god!!!

I'm sorely tempted to accept that offer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMHO, not necesarily. A friend of mine lurks and just surfs the board, to see what's new. He has a website where he posts his pics. He must have like 20 some posts back in 2003, ever since he just logs in every now and then to view new products and bashes, to get ideas for bashes, etc etc. I don't see how that is pointless though, and he is nowhere rude to say the least.

I guess it can be possilbe on a case by case basis, not necessarily in general.
The guy who comes to the party, after the hall has been rented and ice bought, and doesn't even bring a six pack or a bag of chips......then proceeds to just listen to the band that others have paid for and not talk or interact with anyone......

I'd say rude kind of plays into a future description. Case by case basis notwithstanding.

While there are no rules about posting and mandatory participation here, neither are there any about how rudeness is interpreted in life.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I missed the part where somebody called you a scumbag.

What offer?
The offer of board Demi-god.

And the scumbag comment came from some one a year or so ago who was upset at the guys who have some of the HTF stuff and "show it off".I don't remember who it was anymore.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
The guy who comes to the party, after the hall has been rented and ice bought, and doesn't even bring a six pack or a bag of chips......then proceeds to just listen to the band that others have paid for and not talk or interact with anyone......

I'd say rude kind of plays into a future description. Case by case basis notwithstanding.

While there are no rules about posting and mandatory participation here, neither are there any about how rudeness is interpreted in life.
which is why this is your opinion, or should i say interpretation

i just find it hard to assume one's character, trait, or attitude, basing them on the number of post counts and pictures of bashes posted here on this site or forgets to bring a bag of chips or brew at a party..if that's the case, with the rate im going (as i always bring beer at a shindig)...i'll be ordained a saint by next year;)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.