One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well, I guess DML just try to get in on the game, that's all. Good for them. I have to say. Looking at it. DML not trying very hard though. But, then again. I don't know what is the price tag. If DML is going with the $60's, and "if" it came with more stuff(which I can't see any). Then I guess it is ok for the newbies breakin into the "modern" hobby. But for a old hand like me, I think DML is way behind to try to play the modern game. They need to be as good as TS, or ACE and even VH before they get my money. :erm

·
Super Moderator
6,792 Posts
That figure was released as an exclusive to Cyber-hobby. It's a cop-out by Dragon in an attempt to show it's still in the modern game. It's basically a company made kitbash using parts from previously released figures. Someone needs to tell Dragon to wake up because they are definitely well behind the curve when it comes to modern figures, especially with companies like TS, ACE, and HT putting out better figures.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
I dont know what you have. One one had, you guys complain the hobby is too expensive and on the other you complain that DML sucks because they are not as good as HT or any other brand. Ya know, you pay a load ass of money for a HT figure, not everyone can spend that much cash. Its a real diffrence if I pay 149 Dollars for a figure I can get for 60. I have several DML figures and I cant complain. Thier 82nd Airborne soldier is very good and I just got Michal Chan and Detective Chow Yesterday and I also have the DML Amy.

I like these figs, they are very good. They may not be as detailed as the HT or ST or whatnot, but its enough for me. Also, who said "somone needs t tell em...."? Do it, write them an E-Mail and tell them what they should do. You guys complain thier figures suck, but are not thinking to simply tell them why and what they need to change. You guys are the customers, so some feedback and suggestions is something they would aprriciate.

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True its not a very good release, it seems kind of half-assed but I still like it better than Hamilton. The gear is not new, but I could always use that drop-down and Walt's vest and pouches are hard to find these days. Plus, I think there's a demand for m16a4s which no other company has produced.

On the other hand, DML should rehash some of their Amys or rehash the SGT Jones sculpt for a figure from 'The Rock'. All they need is a black BDU and a vest from 'Leo'.

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
it's not that DML stuff was bad per se, it's the fact that DML is stuck in 1999 while everyone else (TS, HT, even BBi) have moved on, increased the quality and detail of their products, etc.

now DML is coming out with figures that would have been welcome 10 years ago. they hardly even bother to produce new items and rehash already released stuff instead.

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
The real problem DML has is they're not rehashing things that were super popular. Some things they should put out there as far as sculpts go:

Jones
Russell
Amy
Svetlana
Big Joe
and a bunch of their other Cyber Hobby sculpts

If they're so concerned with tooling costs, they should mix in a few sculpt rehashes with their stuff and push out some of the sculpts that people really liked a lot.

Sculpts aren't a motivator for everyone to buy a figure, but it sure would help loose parts dealers sell some more DML figures. If they reissued Agent Jones alone they'd sell a ridiculous amount of that figure.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Eh? Where are the other 2 replies I just had in my inbox to this thread? Delted or something?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Ya know, I often see this rant about hobbyists complaints about DML and how they provide a low cost alternative. While I do not disagree that they do provide an alternative on a budget, cheap crap.......is still crap. It does not get any better because it is cheaper. I concur with the above about DML being stuck in the past and then when they do come to the present, they fall short of what MOST hobbyists want. I have a boxed collection of about 100 figures, and MANY of them are DML (primarily from my WWII collecting phase that got me started in the hobby) and many of them I love. Some of my best WWII figures are from DML, but there aint a single non WWII one in my collection. I recently bought the Brit WWII MP, that I really like, and have bought both of the recent US MP's, both of which I really like. Funny thing on the above figure, is that it is not even a standard DML, it is a Cyber Hobby. They usually have a slightly higher price, but the quality, while still sub-standard, is normally better.

So, many of us will still complain about DML. I am sure that there are a vast number of members on this board who have tried to contact DML begging for change. I am sure that DML monitors this site and sees where we are coming from. Bottom line is that they probably could care less, especially when given a pass on crap. Just the opinion of one guy, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
"somone needs t tell em...."? Do it, write them an E-Mail and tell them what they should do. You guys complain thier figures suck, but are not thinking to simply tell them why and what they need to change. You guys are the customers, so some feedback and suggestions is something they would aprriciate.
The last time I went to the DX....06? I told the DML guys No, thank you, I don't buy your figures anymore. I'm here for some something else( I'm sure that I was very nice to them and didn't tell them "Your figures Suck Egg"). I and many hobbyists here let our wallet do the talking. Money talk louder the words. Most company hear us loud and clear. Even Very Hot catch on and coming out with a very nice set of their own and not copy(can't wait). So, it's not true we don't tell them what we want. DML for some reason just don't listen. Which is fine with me. DML doing just fine with their 1/35 models kits lines anyway. So many good stuff out in the market. Who need them.

By the way, an lots of my figures don't started out the with the $100+ price tag. Most start with $10 body, and I'll add to it whenever I got extra $ to pay with. And when I do drop $100~$150+ on a figure(s). I save my $ for weeks and months to buy them. Or I'll sell my old figures on ebay(why call evilbay ?) to rise the $. I just a small time player that saved up to buy the big time toys.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,344 Posts
I am pretty sure I can make this figure. Out of DML parts no less. If he has a Neo3 body I'd be interested, otherwise, yawn. I still like Dragon stuff, it's just not enough pizzaz for me. I liked the Hamilton figure more.

·
GETCHA PULL!!!
809 Posts
it's not that DML stuff was bad per se, it's the fact that DML is stuck in 1999 while everyone else (TS, HT, even BBi) have moved on, increased the quality and detail of their products, etc.

now DML is coming out with figures that would have been welcome 10 years ago. they hardly even bother to produce new items and rehash already released stuff instead.
Well, maybe more like 2002 :p

It's not so much the quality/quantity thing that bugs me so much about DML, it's the flagrant bull****ting of their customers. I can't count the # of figures that are still on their back burner for sake of keeping up the "cloak and dagger" tactics w/ rival companies. If DML would put their $$ where their mouth is, I think it quite obvious that a lot of the complaining would certainly turn down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.