One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
It might help if you mention who you are looking to have sculpted, how much you are willing to spend ( or a budget range) and what your timeframe is for needing it.

·
Biohazardous
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok true my money range is 100. Or less per sculpt. Looking to get done the resident evil alpha team and bravo team one by one , times not a issue just would like to start soon thanks

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
$100 or less? Ok, who's available?!!
--

If $100.00 USD is your limit, then that's your choice. In the same token, don't be necessarily expecting let alone demanding by default HT level of detail & quality unless the sculptor in question can easily do/offer comparable detail & quality for $100.00 USD.

One option to consider is to possibly spend a bit more $ and get multiple casts and have it a group project in getting other collectors to contribute to the project and get the head sculpt as well. This is just a suggestion that has other factors as well to consider.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
--

If $100.00 USD is your limit, then that's your choice. In the same token, don't be necessarily expecting let alone demanding by default HT level of detail & quality unless the sculptor in question can easily do/offer comparable detail & quality for $100.00 USD.

One option to consider is to possibly spend a bit more $ and get multiple casts and have it a group project in getting other collectors to contribute to the project and get the head sculpt as well. This is just a suggestion that has other factors as well to consider.
Please don't misunderstand my comment. I wasn't saying that he can't have a $100 (or less) limit. I was going more for what you said about not expecting Hot Toys quality. I've worked with quite a few different sculptors. The first sculptor I worked with was inexpensive, $150, if I recall. I wasn't thrilled with the sculpt, but I got what I paid for.

Personally, when I want a headsculpt done, I want Hot Toys quality, which is why I seek sculptors like Bergholtz or Sosa. I know they're not cheap, and trust me, I am no where near rich, but if I really want a headsculpt done, I want it to be perfect, not just "good".

Again, this my opinion, my preference. I'm not knocking anyone's work or anyone's preference. I've been doing this for a long time and I strongly believe the old adage, "You get what you pay for."

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
Please don't misunderstand my comment. I wasn't saying that he can't have a $100 (or less) limit. I was going more for what you said about not expecting Hot Toys quality. I've worked with quite a few different sculptors. The first sculptor I worked with was inexpensive, $150, if I recall. I wasn't thrilled with the sculpt, but I got what I paid for.

Personally, when I want a headsculpt done, I want Hot Toys quality, which is why I seek sculptors like Bergholtz or Sosa. I know they're not cheap, and trust me, I am no where near rich, but if I really want a headsculpt done, I want it to be perfect, not just "good".

Again, this my opinion, my preference. I'm not knocking anyone's work or anyone's preference. I've been doing this for a long time and I strongly believe the old adage, "You get what you pay for."
--

I understand what you mean. I disagreement or misunderstanding from me.

Again, it's all about $.

You get what you pay for in this hobby.

;)

:)

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Boy that's a loaded question! Depends what style of character you want. Peter the Painter jumps to mind for great human real lfe characters, Enaud on SSF for brilliant aliens and general SW characters, Shocktrooper on SSF for ancient armoured characters.. the list goes on.

·
11,540 Posts
I nearly forgot, not from here but Ada Chang has a great choice of custom hs sculpts that cover pretty much everything for $25 each on her website, she used to do a good paint job for an extra $10 too but this is going back awhile, don't expect translucent skin with every pore showing, we're talking hand made not CGI/computer laser resin stuff.

http://www.wantedactionfigure.com/shop.asp

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
Ada's stuff suffers from a lack of research on the source material.
She sculpts strictly from what is provided, thus her Patrick Magoohan having his hair parted on the wrong side. She also tends to be inconsstent in her sizing. Some way too small, dome dead on.

·
11,540 Posts
Ada's stuff suffers from a lack of research on the source material.
She sculpts strictly from what is provided, thus her Patrick Magoohan having his hair parted on the wrong side. She also tends to be inconsstent in her sizing. Some way too small, dome dead on.
True but she shows honest pictures of what she sells painted and unpainted (L side, R side Front on) in comparison to subject pictures which is a lot more than ebay sellers often bother to do and it is only $25 which gives a basically competent painter a chance of making a decent result for very little by todays prices and like I said she does cover a lot of SCI-FI and real/old school characters that no one else has ever bothered to offer. Might not be the best but a damn good place to start if you want to build your own figures in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts