One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

If you're a CSI Miami fan like me, you're probably also a fan of Horatio Caine. Or maybe you can stand the guy and wished he'd choke in his sunglasses:lol

Either way, I'm thinking of commissioning a headsculpt of Horatio and wanted to see if there are other members here who'd be interested in one as well. The more, the better, because we could share the costs then and could all enjoy a fantastically well done headsculpt at an affordable price.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to make sure it's clear, I'm not going to sculpt a Horatio head myself.
But I've wanted one for some time and I think I'm not the only one. That's why I'm speaking to some sculptors about their services.
Since most good sculptors have prices between 250-600$, it's better to have more people to commission a sculpt so the costs can be divided and it becomes affordable for everyone.
So... the more, the merrier! :thumb

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Hee, heee!! Count me as number 5, for all the reasons cited:
Overacting,
dramatic removal and replacement of expensive sunglasses,
Shatner school of acting,
signature stooped shoulders (and I'm gonna have to make sure his neck swivels properly so his head can be constantly angled down and away from those he's speaking to...),
and oh yes, to piss off all my other action figures

Now if I could only incorporate a sound chip to speak those cheesy taglines that precede the opening
credits on each episode.... ;)

·
Walk in Beauty
1,793 Posts
FRANK "No mater how you cut it divorce sucks"
HC "Frank, its a killer"

what a killer one-liner.

great find FET

Oooo a talking HC figure! Id buy one

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good, thanks phantom 11!

I'm currently talking with (among others) sculptor Waxmurderer. He recently did this beautiful David Beckham-sculpt:
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32061

Imagine him working his magic on a Horatio :devilhnd
That Beckham sculpt is done by a Korean sculptor Rovo_Jin, and has been posted here before. You can also see his initials on the box in the background of your pictures. Here's his blog. http://blog.naver.com/rovo_jin

You sure Waxmurderer = Rovo_Jin? Pardon my scepticism, just seems unlikely to me that he will post his own work on that forum.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That Beckham sculpt is done by a Korean sculptor Rovo_Jin, and has been posted here before. You can also see his initials on the box in the background of your pictures. Here's his blog. http://blog.naver.com/rovo_jin

You sure Waxmurderer = Rovo_Jin? Pardon my scepticism, just seems unlikely to me that he will post his own work on that forum.
Wel, I don't know him very well, since he's a new member over at the Sideshowfreaks-forum. But he told me he and a friend made this sculpt as their first sculpt ever, and that they're from the Phillipines and about to move to England to complete their college studies... I have no idea if one of them is Rovo-Jin.
But, good pint. I'll surely check whether this is the same person. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wel, I don't know him very well, since he's a new member over at the Sideshowfreaks-forum. But he told me he and a friend made this sculpt as their first sculpt ever, and that they're from the Phillipines and about to move to England to complete their college studies... I have no idea if one of them is Rovo-Jin.
But, good pint. I'll surely check whether this is the same person. Thanks!
No problem, but from what you relate, it definitely sounds like a scammer to me, though there is still a small possibility that these 2 guys made this sculpt, decided to maintain a fully Korean blog from the Phillipines, and choose to be collectively known as Rovo_Jin. Hmm.

Well, one good way is to show him the blog and see what he has to say. If you say both of them claim to be from Phillippines then that it really dubious.

Back to the topic, haha, I would love to see a HC hs. Yeah, the shades and the shade-pinching hand are of paramount importance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No problem, but from what you relate, it definitely sounds like a scammer to me, though there is still a small possibility that these 2 guys made this sculpt, decided to maintain a fully Korean blog from the Phillipines, and choose to be collectively known as Rovo_Jin. Hmm.

Well, one good way is to show him the blog and see what he has to say. If you say both of them claim to be from Phillippines then that it really dubious.

Back to the topic, haha, I would love to see a HC hs. Yeah, the shades and the shade-pinching hand are of paramount importance.
Damn, now I'm worried :eek
He said he was from China, but moved to the Phillippines. Hmm, strange.
Is there anyone on this forum who can speak korean and who could possibly contact this Rovo_Jin to see if he knows about this?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts