One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a bash and I need to know which company makes the better ak47 rifle. I've heard good things about the dragon version and I'm worried if the DID version is too big.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Honestly, for my money, you cant beat the 21st AK's. It's true, with a little paint and a new sling, they look great and are very cheap compared to the other makers. I have 3 different soviet era WIP's right now, all of them armed with 21st weapons. I will post some pics of my improvments later.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I did some bashing with DML, Redhorse. I got couple of 21st too, but didn't use them. 21st plastic are too soft for me and detail are not as good as DML, RH. The size difference are so small, it's not the issue to me. I think most people can't tell just by looking at them anyway. I like the detail in both DML and RH. You can see some of my kit bashing here http://www.goodduck.net/thumbs_akm_sopmod.htm DML cost less then RH (resin guns). So, for the money. I'll go with DML. I like DID too. Just didn't get around to work on one.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think TS and HT wood texture are over scale. Both looks like they seat in the sun for hundreds years. I replaced the AK with DML for the TS figures, and I sanded down wood texture on the HT. Like the HT M14. The wood stock is way too much.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
I have a couple TS Ak's and really like them. But they might be hard to come by. The Dragon Ak's are nice. I like them.

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
21st AK's are just fine in terms of scale. HT's AK, atleast the folder, is puny compared to them. The woodgrain varies on 21st's AK though, with the newer versions showing greater detail. I weathered a 21st AK with silver pencil and it looks fine. DML's folder AK (from Jones) is very nice, sharp detail and all. I've seen the DiD AK, and it's similar in quality. I didn't see much of a difference. RH's AK (w/ folding stock) is also pretty nice (mainly because of its paint job), but not worth the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.