One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically, a helmet that fits Longbow Studio's headsculpt of Captain Miller. I am doing a kitbash of him and have tried a variety of helmets on him but they all look two sizes too big.

Does any one make a smaller 1/6th scale M1 helmet or know of a technique to make an existing Dragon helmet look smaller?

Thanks!

·
Alba Supporter! (Staff)
2,555 Posts
If you can, try to get a hold of the older BBi M1 helmets. They are smaller and I know there is a 2nd Rangers one that they made. You might just need to replace the webbing straps

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I remember reading someplace (I have to check my sources) that the actor playing winters was in just a liner. The actors head being long and narrow he looked lost in the helmet, so they added a strap to the front of a liner and there you go. DiD's metal M1's have liners.

This little tid bit has been bugging me since I first read this thread yesterday. I been through all my Band O' Brothers reference material and I can't find the info. I'll watch the making of disk that came with the box set tonight.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
highwayman57 said:
Hmm... are you talking about Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers or Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan using a helmet liner? Because it sounds as if you've confused the two...
I thought I was talking about Damian Lewis, but who knows... I don't exactly have a photographic memory, more like a doodle-graphic memory. If I shake my head real hard and can even erase. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.