One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Do those outfits they sell come even close to fitting modern (Dragon/HT/etc) 1/6 scale stuff?
Yes, their made for Captain Action, but will fit a Dragon body.

That's just what I'm looking for.

pay day tomorrow so I'll order one then.
Just be warn, Wes takes his time. Makes each order as it's order and first come. It took me a few months to receive an order. Read the fine print.

Under FAQ:

10) How long will it take to get my stuff?

Sometimes I have a few items 'in stock' and they'll go out next mail day, usually Mondays and Fridays. But not always.
Otherwise I can only say it'll take the time it takes. I'm not in the habit of holding guys over a barrel but neither am I doing this like it's a regular job so the pressure becomes unbearable! I use a coupla third party makers as well and sometimes that speeds up the process, sometimes not.
I appreciate your patronage and your patience while I make your stuff and make it right!

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Do yourself a favor and before you order from Classic Plastick ask Ada Chan (e-mail address above in this thread) to send you photos of the new unpainted George Reeves sculpt. It is by far a superior sculpt and the only wait is about one week for mail. I have a few of Ada's sculpts and they are very well done. There are a few posted on the forum like Ada's Vic Morrow and Winston Churchill and a couple of others, also Ada has an eBay page with a few more sculpts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Here's a photo of the sculpt a customer of CP painted. This head looks like it might be better suited for the DC Direct body.
I have a photo of Ada GR, but she asked I keep it to myself. Seems someone is stealing (recasting) her sculpts. It nice, but like alot of her sculpt, it may not please everyone.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got a Reeves head from Ada maybe 3 or 4 years ago and it's absolutely massive, way out of scale and far too big for any 1/6 figure. The likeness is no better than mediocre so overall it was a total waste of money. And she ignored my very polite emails to her about it. My first and last experience with her I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
DML had a hs I thought was a dead ringer for George Reeves - at the time I thought someone would use it for a Gone With the Wind figure. Pretty sure it was a German, but I don't know what original figure it was from. Even the hair was right for his Superman look. If I come across it, I'll provide a link.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Alex!

Good to know you're still active. Who was Kirk Alyn and when did he play Superman?

CHEERS!
Kirk Alyn played Superman in two Columbia serials, Superman in 1948 and Atom vs Superman in 1950. Physically he was in great shape, far better than George Reeves and was a much more athletic and agile Superman than George, having been a dancer and I believe occasional stunt man as well as general low budget actor. He seems a bit hammy though compared to George's dignified laid back interpretation.

Sadly now almost forgotten but worth a look if you're a fan.

·
The King of Flamm
184 Posts
I have been waiting forever for a top shelf Kirk Alyn and George Reeves and after talking to a few major 1/6 manufactures it seems Warner has zero interest in either of those projects think they would rather have people forget them and grab the newer guys playing him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.